Wanderers of the 'Net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poe's Video Game Madness

5 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Poe's Video Game Madness - Page 3 Empty Re: Poe's Video Game Madness

Post by Banouin Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:49 pm

Yoyo wrote:I might also hop on Morrowind... Figure out what kind of character I want and run with it.
Might abuse the sneak/archery thing. Maybe make an alchemist/enchanter. We'll see. :3

Pfft, be a real man, go in with a 2-hander and CRUSH ALL.
Banouin
Banouin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:50 pm

Banouin wrote:
Yoyo wrote:I might also hop on Morrowind... Figure out what kind of character I want and run with it.
Might abuse the sneak/archery thing. Maybe make an alchemist/enchanter. We'll see. :3

Pfft, be a real man, go in with a 2-hander and CRUSH ALL.
Been there. Done that. Battleaxes are my preferred weapon.
Yoyo
Yoyo
Admin

http://yuriitheyoyo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:04 pm

The only two-handed character I really ever bothered with on Morrowind was a katana wielder based off of a character from Chrono Trigger. Even went so far as to recreate his spells and armor. Fun stuff.

I wonder if there's a mod for perks on Morrowind yet.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:11 pm

Not in the sense of Skyrim's perks. There are some mods that are similar, though. This one is supposed to be good: link!
Yoyo
Yoyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:42 pm

Interesting. I was thinking of creating something "similar" to that, based off of your class, or whatnot, by creating a faction that cannot join with others.

A paladin in the Legion, a fighter with the, well, Fighter's Guild, Necromancers and Sorcerer's in Telvanni, monks in Holomayan, etc...

Actually, let's face it, I was practically planning on creating my own game entirely with the construction kit. xD
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:15 pm

Do it! O:

I'm making a list of mods right now. Gonna abuse sneak/arrows. >:3
Yoyo
Yoyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:23 pm

Yoyo wrote:Do it! O:

I'm making a list of mods right now. Gonna abuse sneak/arrows. >:3

I might still have it, but I made a mod a while ago to make picks and arrows reflect bits of Skyrim. Weightless tools and ammunition (throwing weapons, arrows, picks, probes, bolts) and I actually made it so that thrown things and projectile spells move faster. xD

"Do it" at which part?
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:29 pm

The last bit about making your own game basically.

I'm not too concerned with modding it out too badly. I just want it to not give me a headache to look at and to fix some of the things that really bugged me. (Health not regenerating outside of resting, etc.)
Yoyo
Yoyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:37 pm

Gotcha. I plan on doing it, perhaps. I'd just be lazy with it and use all of the vanilla textures. Making the environment alone is incredibly dull.

Think I mentioned it earlier, but I tend to like traveling light on these sorts of games. ESPECIALLY on Morrowind, where you're liable to be burdened, strength damaged, or given a variety of diseases. From what I can tell, you can still move around on Skyrim when over-encumbered, but Morrowind just makes you stop dead.

So the arrows and tools bit were mostly for my sanity of not carrying 100 arrows and already losing half of my encumbrance on top of my armor and bow as well. Likewise, the projectile speeds for ammo and spells were because realism and difficulty.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:27 pm

I don't remember how the speeds of ranged items/spells work in Morrowind... but, yeah I've never played a ranger/archery-rogue because of the weight of arrows. They're weightless in Skyrim, so I've discovered how wonderful such characters are. (Adding mod for weightless arrows now.)

As long as your mod doesn't interact with the surroundings or anything, people can add their own texture mods.
Yoyo
Yoyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:36 pm

They shouldn't be bullet fast, but an arrow should be pretty dang quick. I would think lightning would be faster.

Unfortunately, the Bound Bow in Morrowind does NOT come with arrows, so you must supply your own. If you go the enchant route, suggesting a permanently bound bow enchanted to an item (such as a ring, necklace, etc...) for ease of use. Might take a while, as constant effect items take a while to get. Grand Soul Gem + one of three souls in the vanilla, non expansions, and a fourth in Tribunal.

Well, I just meant, "Original Morrowind textures." I suck at graphic design, and don't care to learn, so making my own or using mod resources likely won't fly for me.

Unless I can find a new mod to fill in the Legionary textures where armor's missing (leather, scale, etc...).
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:45 pm

I was agreeing with you on the textures thing. Like I said, you don't have to mess with it. Other people can have a second mod. :P

I should do some research on where to go about Morrowind's bows. I got lucky in Skyrim and stole an ebony one fairly early on. Haven't been overencumbered in Skyrim in ages, either, so a bound bow isn't necessary.
Yoyo
Yoyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:49 pm

Gotcha. Was just elaborating, then. xP

For the most part, if I actually go THAT far with a mod, it likely won't work with much of, well, any other mod unless it changes some of the values for stuff (like the projectile speed, unarmed damage, etc...).

If you're just going to look into it and not worried about spoilers / meta-gaming, look here.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:03 pm

I totally responded to this. Where did my response go?

I don't remember what I said.
Beyond the complaint that I have to go to FREAKING VIVEC. I HATE VIVEC SO MUCH THAT IT'S ALL I REMEMBER FROM THE POST.
Yoyo
Yoyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:06 pm

I got used to it after a while. Vivec's size is pretty intimidating, and made so much worse by, well, nearly identical structures.

It's like, up top is the Foreign Quarter, then below that is the Three House discricts and the Arena, then St. Olms and Delyn, the High Fane below that and at the very bottom is Vivec's Palace, I think?
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:09 pm

I have contemplated just printing out a map of the place. It took me ages to finally figure out how to navigate it last time I played.
I also have UESP open at all times for helping with things like that. (I'm too much of a cheater/meta-player sometimes.)
Yoyo
Yoyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:16 pm

Think it might just be easier to draw a quick reference to it. Although on the map it appears to be a giant cross, the Foreign Quarter kinda takes up two slots.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:18 pm

VIVEC.
HATRED.
RAGE.

Anywho. We're definitely chatting your thread into Oblivion.
Yoyo
Yoyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:20 pm

I'm totally cool with that.

I'm legit going to bed soon, though.

In either case, I still need to beat Morrowind's Expansions. I've only completed the main story like twice as it is.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:52 am

So, I'm thinking of going through Morrowind again as an Imperial Monk, that plays as an unarmed, unarmored Thief. Security is going to suck, but that's part of the fun.

Still have to see about what mods to use, however.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:03 pm

Scratch the Imperial monk, thinking of going Dunmer for a quick run through the Temple and the Redoran, as well as the main quest.

So, I'm in the process of making a mod for Morrowind that will include the following bits of fun.

Faction Changes
> Allowing player storage at appropriate stages in each of the factions. Starting with the Legion. Rest will be determined once I check them out.
> Creating a player "room" for a few of the guilds once you have achieved the highest ranking. Not going to do so for the Great Houses.
> Altering armor granted by advancement in the Imperial Legion.
> Increasing stat requirement per tier on each faction. Advancement too easy otherwise.
> Consider removing favored skills from quest factions and relying on stats?
> Adding a quest line to slay Vampire clans to the Temple faction.

Not sure on anything else, yet.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3