Wanderers of the 'Net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poe's Video Game Madness

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Poe's Video Game Madness - Page 2 Empty Re: Poe's Video Game Madness

Post by Poe Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:31 pm

amaterasu wrote:I always sneak/Archery, and after a few levels can usually kill most enemies before they reach me, or cheese my way to victory (against Giants). Plus, killing stormclocks or Imperials can get you tons, like thousands of steel arrows, and then your set for the rest of the game.

yu-Gi-Oh season 0, where Yugi is like playing all sorts of weird games which ensare people's souls is actually legitimately awesome. I remember I had a single french volume of that somewhere, and I've read it all. It is awesome, though I don't know if they ever animated it. DDS definitely has that 'darker' overtone.

I like daggers, just not the dual wielding. In Morrowind, I'd just use the bound dagger.

I would legit just make my arrows every time.

It was animated! It's quite fun indeed. YoYo might know more than me, but I think the idea for the series was just Yugi being a legit king of ALL games, and then it'd solve itself eventually, but Duel Monsters ended up so popular among fans that it prolly just went in that direction. DM isn't exactly all that more complex than some of the other mess that was in that season.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:36 pm

I like daggers, just not the dual wielding. In Morrowind, I'd just use the bound dagger.

It was animated! It's quite fun indeed. YoYo might know more than me, but I think the idea for the series was just Yugi being a legit king of ALL games, and then it'd solve itself eventually, but Duel Monsters ended up so popular among fans that it prolly just went in that direction. DM isn't exactly all that more complex than some of the other mess that was in that season.

People who use bound weapons have my respect because I still have even figured out that aspect of the Elder Scrolls games. I'm not a magic user guy so I tend to ignore that whole side of the game.

Also, I did not know it was animated, and now I'm interested

I made my first successful sneak/archery character and I pwn as long as I can stay hidden. (Otherwise I hope my follower can survive until I can hide my sorry butt again.)
My favorite thing, though, was that if you go to the Thieves Guild while people are training archery... Free arrows, man.

Season Zero is the best. I'm definitely rewatching it right now.

The thing abuot sneaking is that when you get it high enough, you can be standing in front of people and they don't notice, and you avoid all traps, and so most dungeons I found where pretty easy until the final dungeon boss.
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:37 pm

Poe wrote:
amaterasu wrote:I always sneak/Archery, and after a few levels can usually kill most enemies before they reach me, or cheese my way to victory (against Giants). Plus, killing stormclocks or Imperials can get you tons, like thousands of steel arrows, and then your set for the rest of the game.

yu-Gi-Oh season 0, where Yugi is like playing all sorts of weird games which ensare people's souls is actually legitimately awesome. I remember I had a single french volume of that somewhere, and I've read it all. It is awesome, though I don't know if they ever animated it. DDS definitely has that 'darker' overtone.

Toei animated Season Zero. It's the version with green-haired Kaiba.

Yeah, that's basically exactly what happened. DM was supposed to only last for Death T, then move back into the all-games territory. But fans obsessed over the card game and that's where the series went.
Back then, everything was far more based on the plot than on what cards actually did. Heck, even in the new episodes there are cards that don't follow their actual rules.
Yoyo
Yoyo
Admin

http://yuriitheyoyo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:43 pm

amaterasu wrote:

People who use bound weapons have my respect because I still have even figured out that aspect of the Elder Scrolls games. I'm not a magic user guy so I tend to ignore that whole side of the game.

Bound Weapons are pretty much magically summoned Daedric weapons that disappear after a period of time has elapsed. In Morrowind, it was a default of 60 seconds. I usually play monk -esque characters, in that they're lightly equipped. So even for a thief of mine in Morrowind, I ran around in clothes that were all enchanted and one of them had a permanent dagger and cuirass enchanted on it. (Morrowind had a bug that Unarmored didn't work unless you were wearing at least one piece of armor.)

Be VERY interested. Just look at that opening?
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:58 pm

Morrowind's alchemy system was so horribly OP. I enchanted so much stuff that let me slaughter things I shouldn't have been able to dent...
Also, wasn't there some sort of glitch involving bound items that could make them totally OP?
Yoyo
Yoyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayame Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:42 am

Poe wrote:My problem with getting it right now is that my computer won't be able to handle it, I do not have the appropriate console, and I don't have the money.

I've watched pretty much every episode SorcererDave played of it, some of gixG17's and so on. I love what I've seen so far, though.

I think Ayame's in love with it too. :P
Damn right I am! Sheogorath's blessing be with you, sera! Poe's Video Game Madness - Page 2 2829202867
Ayame
Ayame

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:45 am

I made my first successful sneak/archery character and I pwn as long as I can stay hidden. (Otherwise I hope my follower can survive until I can hide my sorry butt again.)
My favorite thing, though, was that if you go to the Thieves Guild while people are training archery... Free arrows, man.

The thing abuot sneaking is that when you get it high enough, you can be standing in front of people and they don't notice, and you avoid all traps, and so most dungeons I found where pretty easy until the final dungeon boss.[/quote]
(I missed this post earlier.)
It's a wonderful thing, frankly. It has saved my butt in so many dungeons, though. They'll be standing practically on top of me (first person can be a fascinating thing) and don't notice me. I've gotten up close to far too many draugr.
Yoyo
Yoyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayame Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:49 am

amaterasu wrote:

The thing abuot sneaking is that when you get it high enough, you can be standing in front of people and they don't notice, and you avoid all traps, and so most dungeons I found where pretty easy until the final dungeon boss.
There's a bound bow spell book in Skyrim near Helgen. Someone tipped me before my second playthrough and lo and behold, it's likely equivalent to a Daedric bow.

I'm gonna play Morrowind as soon as I don't have school stuff to worry about anymore. Then I'll play it into the ground and forget that other people exist >.< Oblivion too. My friend loaned me his copy indefinitely. WAH~! Poe's Video Game Madness - Page 2 472118479
Ayame
Ayame

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayame Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:50 am

Yoyo wrote:

(I missed this post earlier.)
It's a wonderful thing, frankly. It has saved my butt in so many dungeons, though. They'll be standing practically on top of me (first person can be a fascinating thing) and don't notice me. I've gotten up close to far too many draugr.
I've pickpocketed the clothes of a Stormcloak guard~ Gotta love Skyrim logic! Poe's Video Game Madness - Page 2 2829202867
Ayame
Ayame

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayame Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:54 am

Poe wrote:
amaterasu wrote:

I'm looking forward to both of those quest lines. xD

I have a feeling I'd ally Dawnguard and of course go with Thieve's Guild. Although, I think it's more likely I'd play a thief type character (scout?) and join the Legion instead. Do wish they had more armor choices, though.

I usually pair them up together, so like I'll only be a vampire if I go with Stormclocks, and vice versa if i'm with the Imperials. and I usually go dark brotherhood if I'm stormclock, and destroy the Darkbrotherhood if I'm Imperial.
Also, for armor: there's a mod for that :p

Dark Duel stories had this weird element thing where like a water type could single KO a fire type regardless of attack power. it was weird.

Also, when i was a small lad, my dad had the entire 4 disk Morrowind & expansions, and he played it all the time, though I only ever played a few minutes of it. My first Elder Scrolls was Skyrrim

I don't like the Stormcloaks. I'd go Imperial every time. xD

Then again, I'd also go with just one dagger, not two, and make use of Block.

There's a mod for everything. xP

I think DDS played heavily on the nonsense that YGO was spilling out for the first season, post season 0.

I still haven't beaten the expansions for Morrowind yet.
I'm Imperial at heart but I'm fair to both in my gameplay. No discrimination here~ Poe's Video Game Madness - Page 2 2160329175

Dagger and shield is actually a nice combo. I saw Aela do it and tried it. Effective~! Poe's Video Game Madness - Page 2 2829202867 (especially for those x30 sneak kills! Kya~)
Ayame
Ayame

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:55 am

I've heard about that book/bow. I'm honestly contemplating playing my first ever mage at some point. (Because I totally need to keep playing Skyrim when I have Morrowind, Oblivion, Dragon Age, Half Life/andbeyond, etc., etc., etc. to play.)

Dude, fantasy RPG logic in general it totally screwed up. xD;
Yoyo
Yoyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayame Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:17 am

It's in Fort Amol. Kya~
Hmmm.... I've tried some magic but I've never thought of being a full-on mage. I'm a Breton for a reason. I hate going up against magic users *shiver* Unless my armor is enchanted with magic resist :D
Nice~! I'm getting Dragon Age... Like all of it. But I need to stock my collection of Assassin's Creed games. I'm two games behind already. Darn it, Ubi! >.<
To be honest, I've played other games but I've never stopped playing Skyrim. I always have my Aela to come home to every night Poe's Video Game Madness - Page 2 1371989565
I may play other games and have other waifus/husbandos. But Aela will always be in my heart. (I've constructed a semi-logical way of living in Skyrim, dragonborn or not, and spent several hours contemplating this .__." This is what Skyrim does to me.... )

Well, yeah. Fantasy RPG logic. I still see lots that fall under the "useless armor" category. Geez. Poe's Video Game Madness - Page 2 2612894667
Ayame
Ayame

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:34 am

Yoyo wrote:Morrowind's alchemy system was so horribly OP. I enchanted so much stuff that let me slaughter things I shouldn't have been able to dent...
Also, wasn't there some sort of glitch involving bound items that could make them totally OP?

So was Enchant. xD Grab a Daedric Tower Shield and then enchant it with the full vanilla Bound Armor sets. Grab the no glow mod to remove that horrible saran wrap enchanted effect off of weapons and you pretty much have the cheapest armor ever while playing legally. And whenever they get really beat up, you just unequip the shield, the armor disappears, and then you re-equip it and voila, instantly back to full durability.

Alchemy's problem was that everything stacked on top of itself. Skyrim fixed this, I believe, but if you drank two potions of fortify intelligence 24, you ended up with +48 instead. So you made a new potion with your brand new Intelligence, and you just keep going mad with that loop until you end up with a potion of Levitate +20,000 that lasts for 8 years, but the slightest touch of movement would force the Xbox to crash because you just traveled the entirety of Nirn 5 times over in a second.

I think this is why Skyrim ditched the stat system. lol

There is a bug you could do in the console version (not sure about PC) where you just summon a bound weapon, and then very quickly shuffle through them, and it pretty much permanently sets your particular weapon skill by +10 for each shuffle. Think it required two items only, such as abound dagger and then a steel one.

Honestly, all of Morrowind was pretty much broken. But that's a part of the fun.

Link.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:38 am

Ayame wrote:
Poe wrote:
amaterasu wrote:

I'm looking forward to both of those quest lines. xD

I have a feeling I'd ally Dawnguard and of course go with Thieve's Guild. Although, I think it's more likely I'd play a thief type character (scout?) and join the Legion instead. Do wish they had more armor choices, though.

I usually pair them up together, so like I'll only be a vampire if I go with Stormclocks, and vice versa if i'm with the Imperials. and I usually go dark brotherhood if I'm stormclock, and destroy the Darkbrotherhood if I'm Imperial.
Also, for armor: there's a mod for that :p

Dark Duel stories had this weird element thing where like a water type could single KO a fire type regardless of attack power. it was weird.

Also, when i was a small lad, my dad had the entire 4 disk Morrowind & expansions, and he played it all the time, though I only ever played a few minutes of it. My first Elder Scrolls was Skyrrim

I don't like the Stormcloaks. I'd go Imperial every time. xD

Then again, I'd also go with just one dagger, not two, and make use of Block.

There's a mod for everything. xP

I think DDS played heavily on the nonsense that YGO was spilling out for the first season, post season 0.

I still haven't beaten the expansions for Morrowind yet.
I'm Imperial at heart but I'm fair to both in my gameplay. No discrimination here~  Poe's Video Game Madness - Page 2 2160329175

Dagger and shield is actually a nice combo. I saw Aela do it and tried it. Effective~! Poe's Video Game Madness - Page 2 2829202867 (especially for those x30 sneak kills! Kya~)

I believe it. Going pretty Imperial with that though, isn't it? A la gladius and shield? XD

I'd just use one dagger, no shield, and use the single dagger to parry as well. xD
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:39 am

Ayame wrote:Damn right I am! Sheogorath's blessing be with you, sera! Poe's Video Game Madness - Page 2 2829202867

I tend to prefer the Divines, honestly. :P
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:42 am

Ayame wrote:I've pickpocketed the clothes of a Stormcloak guard~ Gotta love Skyrim logic! Poe's Video Game Madness - Page 2 2829202867

This.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:41 am

getting super high pickpokect, and going around Markarth and then stealing everything, is pretty good.

Skyrim had two major oversights for quests that I wish they'd have done. The first is having a 'war' against the Falmor, since there played up as dangerous creatures, and the other was not letting you join the Foresworn to retake Markarth as their original home
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:51 am

There is a sort of quest where you can "side" with the Forsworn in the Markarth prison? I do not think it's so much "joining," though.

The Falmer being warred against could be something. Kind of like the Dawnguard, I suppose?

I think it'd be tons better if the main quest had a third split where you could ally with the Aldmeri Dominion / Imperial Legion / Stormcloaks to fend off against the Dragons, instead of relying on the Blades.

If you go with the Dominion / Legion, you end up infiltrating into the Blades' areas in an attempt to get their secrets.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:25 pm

Ama - I hate the Foresworn. I would never help them. o_o;;

Poe - That's one reason I loved Morrowind. It was just so broken. xD;
I always add a mod that changes the leveling system to be like Skyrim's. I never did bound items, though. Just awesome enchantments on my armor.
And enchantments on my weapons. Generally "absorb health 2958742985pt."
Because OP.
Yoyo
Yoyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:51 pm

The only leveling mod for Morrowind I can think of right now is GCD.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:56 pm

I don't remember which one I used. It was just nice to not have to be concerned about power leveling and stuff.
Yoyo
Yoyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:10 pm

GCD removed the cap on your stats and your skills, so you could end up with a stealth of like, 500 with an agility of 700. Whenever you level a skill, it would give a slight boost to one stat or another.

That the one?
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:14 pm

Like I said, I don't remember. I haven't played Morrowind in a over a year... The mods were all on my old computer, which is now very dead. So I can't even go check. ^^
Yoyo
Yoyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:40 pm

I will prolly hop on Morrowind later. Maybe write down what all I wanted to do with the mods I wanted to make for the Legion. >.>
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:41 pm

I might also hop on Morrowind... Figure out what kind of character I want and run with it.
Might abuse the sneak/archery thing. Maybe make an alchemist/enchanter. We'll see. :3
Yoyo
Yoyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next