Wanderers of the 'Net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poe's Video Game Madness

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Poe's Video Game Madness Empty Poe's Video Game Madness

Post by Poe Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:40 am

Okay, so I don't really play games all that much anymore, but here we go. I'll just stick to the games I enjoy. xD

Nintendo
StarTropics
StarTropics 2
Dragon Spirit

Super Nintendo
Chrono Trigger
Radical Dreamers (Text only. Chrono Trigger's first sequel, but was merged with Chrono Cross.)
Soul Blazer
Illusion of Gaia (Love this one.)
Terranigma (these last three are all related, and listed in order)
Secret of Evermore
Breath of Fire
Final Fantasy IV, V and VI

Gameboy X
Pokémon Yellow
Pokémon Sapphire
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages / Seasons
Golden Sun
Yu-Gi-Oh! Dark Duel Stories
Yu-Gi-Oh! Worldwide Championship something or other. I played it all the time, I just don't know which year.
Final Fantasy III DS
Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

Playstation
Final Fantasy X and X-2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2
Chrono Cross (Hence the signature and avatar :P)

XBox
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
DOA3

Computer
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind GOTY
Conquer Online (No longer play)
Runescape (No longer play)
TERA (No longer play)
Fly For Fun (No longer play)

Still Play Occasionally
Dungeons and Dragons Online
Mabinogi

I know I've played more enjoyable PS games, I just don't remember their titles atm. I'll add later.

Games I would like in the Future
Final Fantasy XIV
Pokémon ORAS
Chrono Trigger DS
Chrono Cross
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Poe's Video Game Madness Empty Re: Poe's Video Game Madness

Post by Banouin Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:03 am

Skyrim is a must. At least, if you ask me or Yoyo. (I'm sure she would agree.) You are missing out hardcore if you don't end up playing it.
Banouin
Banouin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:46 am

My problem with getting it right now is that my computer won't be able to handle it, I do not have the appropriate console, and I don't have the money.

I've watched pretty much every episode SorcererDave played of it, some of gixG17's and so on. I love what I've seen so far, though.

I think Ayame's in love with it too. :P
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:55 pm

no superman 64, or ET? Leaving out the best gamez ever Poe's Video Game Madness 1147165609

ORAS is super fun, you should play it. I ended up getting both versions, and I let my roommate play through sapphire but he got side tracked with Tales of Vesperia, Dark Souls, and Residen Evil 6 :( and I'm too afraid to take it back to finish it, like i'll be ruining an experience. But I want that Luigi-a guy.
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:10 pm

Never owned a Nintendo 64 or an Atari, so I'd have to rely on emulation to play either of those. :P
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:13 pm

Banouin wrote:Skyrim is a must. At least, if you ask me or Yoyo. (I'm sure she would agree.) You are missing out hardcore if you don't end up playing it.
Duuuuuude. Skyrim. Dude.
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.
If you have a good enough computer to play it, watch Steam. I got my GOTY Skyrim for five bucks.

Also, Morrowind!
(Screw it. Elder Scrolls in general, man.)
Yoyo
Yoyo
Admin

http://yuriitheyoyo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:15 pm

Skyrim is fun, but I can never finish the main Dragon quest. I did it once, and have never done it again. It's always Theives Guild, and then Vampire DLC, and maybe kill the Stormcloacks, and then sometimes meaninglessly kill dragons. Its my second most played game with like 330 hours, and yet my dad has somehow 1000 hours on it :[
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:23 pm

Also: Morrowind!

Also also:
Dark Duel Stories
Good golly, man.
It sucked so awesomely.
(I still play it...)

And the Oracle series. Nice.

Ama - I've just finished the main quest on one of my characters for the first time. It was surprisingly obnoxious, so I can see why you didn't finish it. Heck, I had started and quit several characters and only just recently did the main quest.
Yoyo
Yoyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:29 pm

:0 I played Dark Duel Stories, I beat the crap out of that game as a kid.

Also, Skyrim is pretty fun with a number of mods, it becomes to me, a create your own story in this norse land, type of thing, and that is good. Have you heard about the recreationg of Morrowind in Skyrim?
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:35 pm

I WANT SKYWIND SO BAD.
They won't allow downloads right now because of how beta it is. It makes me sad.
I am so excited for the day when it is open to the public. Like, holy crap.

DDS is the best. And the worst. Oh my goodness. xD;
Yoyo
Yoyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:52 pm

Yoyo wrote:
Banouin wrote:Skyrim is a must. At least, if you ask me or Yoyo. (I'm sure she would agree.) You are missing out hardcore if you don't end up playing it.
Duuuuuude. Skyrim. Dude.
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.
If you have a good enough computer to play it, watch Steam. I got my GOTY Skyrim for five bucks.

Also, Morrowind!
My computer cannot handle it. :P

I didn't think Skyrim had a GotY. Think it's got a legendary, unless you mean that? Cheapest I've seen it for Steam so far was like 20-30. In either case, still can't afford it. :P

Morrowind was my introduction into the TES series! A friend of mine gave us his old Xbox and like 4 games, and that was one of them. What a blast.

Blasted Cliff Racers, though...

amaterasu wrote:Skyrim is fun, but I can never finish the main Dragon quest. I did it once, and have never done it again. It's always Theives Guild, and then Vampire DLC, and maybe kill the Stormcloacks, and then sometimes meaninglessly kill dragons. Its my second most played game with like 330 hours, and yet my dad has somehow 1000 hours on it :[
I'm looking forward to both of those quest lines. xD

I have a feeling I'd ally Dawnguard and of course go with Thieve's Guild. Although, I think it's more likely I'd play a thief type character (scout?) and join the Legion instead. Do wish they had more armor choices, though.

Yoyo wrote:Also: Morrowind!

Also also:
Dark Duel Stories
Good golly, man.
It sucked so awesomely.
(I still play it...)

My dad played DDS for a while when I was getting my sleep test done. That was something. Also, fun story.

I was playing the game one night before bed, and dropped it. Oops. So I turned it off and back on because the game locked up. Turn it back on and I ended up with about 665 copies of every card and card parts. And I had apparently unlocked a guy named Nitemare who was a royal pain in the rear end.

Did anyone else get an image pop up while playing DDS of Yugi, Tea, Joey and Tristan all looking really spooked out when the game locked up?

amaterasu wrote::0 I played Dark Duel Stories, I beat the crap out of that game as a kid.

Also, Skyrim is pretty fun with a number of mods, it becomes to me, a create your own story in this norse land, type of thing, and that is good. Have you heard about the recreationg of Morrowind in Skyrim?
I've actually been modding Morrowind on and off. (Mostly off.) Must. Correct. Legion.

God.

Yoyo wrote:I WANT SKYWIND SO BAD.
They won't allow downloads right now because of how beta it is. It makes me sad.

There's also a project called OpenMW trying to recreate / update the engine to allow for better modding.

Just saying.

Speaking of modding Morrowind, though. The Overhaul looks sweet. And if you haven't looked into it yet, take a look over at Morrowind Rebirth.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:59 pm

Poe wrote:
Yoyo wrote:
Duuuuuude. Skyrim. Dude.
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.

Also, Morrowind!
My computer cannot handle it. :P

I didn't think Skyrim had a GotY. Think it's got a legendary, unless you mean that? Cheapest I've seen it for Steam so far was like 20-30. In either case, still can't afford it. :P

Morrowind was my introduction into the TES series! A friend of mine gave us his old Xbox and like 4 games, and that was one of them. What a blast.

Blasted Cliff Racers, though...

Yoyo wrote:Also: Morrowind!

Also also:
Dark Duel Stories
Good golly, man.
It sucked so awesomely.
(I still play it...)

My dad played DDS for a while when I was getting my sleep test done. That was something. Also, fun story.

I was playing the game one night before bed, and dropped it. Oops. So I turned it off and back on because the game locked up. Turn it back on and I ended up with about 665 copies of every card and card parts. And I had apparently unlocked a guy named Nitemare who was a royal pain in the rear end.

Did anyone else get an image pop up while playing DDS of Yugi, Tea, Joey and Tristan all looking really spooked out when the game locked up?

There's also a project called OpenMW trying to recreate / update the engine to allow for better modding.

Just saying.

Speaking of modding Morrowind, though. The Overhaul looks sweet. And if you haven't looked into it yet, take a look over at Morrowind Rebirth.

Yes, Legendary is what I meant. I've got GOTY for Morrowind and Oblivion, so my brain automatically said that Skyrim's was also called that. Anywho. I got super lucky. It was during the summer sale last year.

Ah, yes, all those wonderful hidden duelists. Nightmare was indeed a pain. He was the only one that I actually struggled with.

Hm. I looked into it the other day 'cause I was gonna start up another game of Morrowind. Must not have remembered to look in the right areas. xD;
Yoyo
Yoyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Banouin Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:02 pm

Thats still being worked on? I thought it was done.
Banouin
Banouin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:05 pm

I have a feeling I'd ally Dawnguard and of course go with Thieve's Guild. Although, I think it's more likely I'd play a thief type character (scout?) and join the Legion instead. Do wish they had more armor choices, though.

I usually pair them up together, so like I'll only be a vampire if I go with Stormclocks, and vice versa if i'm with the Imperials. and I usually go dark brotherhood if I'm stormclock, and destroy the Darkbrotherhood if I'm Imperial.
Also, for armor: there's a mod for that :p

Dark Duel stories had this weird element thing where like a water type could single KO a fire type regardless of attack power. it was weird.

Also, when i was a small lad, my dad had the entire 4 disk Morrowind & expansions, and he played it all the time, though I only ever played a few minutes of it. My first Elder Scrolls was Skyrrim
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:06 pm

Banouin wrote:

Poe's Video Game Madness DAnuxLp
=\
Yoyo
Yoyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Banouin Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:09 pm

amaterasu wrote:

I usually pair them up together, so like I'll only be a vampire if I go with Stormclocks, and vice versa if i'm with the Imperials. and I usually go dark brotherhood if I'm stormclock, and destroy the Darkbrotherhood if I'm Imperial.

Dark Duel stories had this weird element thing where like a water type could single KO a fire type regardless of attack power. it was weird.

Also, when i was a small lad, my dad had the entire 4 disk Morrowind & expansions, and he played it all the time, though I only ever played a few minutes of it. My first Elder Scrolls was Skyrrim

There are SO MANY mods for Skyrim its crazy.
Banouin
Banouin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Banouin Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:09 pm

Yoyo wrote:
Banouin wrote:

=\

Well, now that I remember its a thing, thanks to you. (Yeah, kinda forgot about it after awhile) I am now sad its not done.
Banouin
Banouin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:10 pm

Yoyo wrote:Yes, Legendary is what I meant. I've got GOTY for Morrowind and Oblivion, so my brain automatically said that Skyrim's was also called that. Anywho. I got super lucky. It was during the summer sale last year.

Ah, yes, all those wonderful hidden duelists. Nightmare was indeed a pain. He was the only one that I actually struggled with.

Hm. I looked into it the other day 'cause I was gonna start up another game of Morrowind. Must not have remembered to look in the right areas. xD;

:P Lucky indeed. I think the last one I saw with that price was during the Black Friday. Was looking at it because, well, both Oblivion and Skyrim were on sale.

I think the mod I was working on was mostly for the Legion. Gave you the entire set of armor at appropriate ranks upon joining. At first it just gives you some cheap armor, not a whole set. Then with the third rank, and a few above that, it just gave you the entire armor. First the one you see most guards wear, then the Templar much higher up.

I also ended up modding a room into becoming a sort of spot you could take over if you ended up top rank. I wanted to set it up so you could get a fort built, though, but I need to do some reading first.

There was a two-handed sword at the end of the Legion quests that Iwanted to make into a one handed sword.

I also wanted to make a sort of Excalibur mod and you had to pull the sword out of a rock.

As per the main quest, I was also going to add an apartment above Caius' place for once you get so far into the main story. You know, because Morrowind's container system is just silly. "Sure, it was yours originally, then you put it in there, and now it's theirs, so if you take it back out, I have to arrest you and take it away from you."

I love how Skyrim changed that. But they also gave you a bit more for your homes on there too. Morrowind's pretty much gave you a big house, but you only had access to one room in it.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:11 pm

Banouin wrote:
amaterasu wrote:

*whispers*
Valve and Bethesda worked together to make a mod for Skyrim.
Yoyo
Yoyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:12 pm

Banouin wrote:
Yoyo wrote:
Banouin wrote:

=\

Well, now that I remember its a thing, thanks to you. (Yeah, kinda forgot about it after awhile) I am now sad its not done.
Yeah...
I contemplated submitting some voice acting back when they were doing that step still, actually. I never did because by the time I found out they were down to just the Dunmer, and my voice is very not Dunmer...
Yoyo
Yoyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:14 pm

amaterasu wrote:

I don't like the Stormcloaks. I'd go Imperial every time. xD

Then again, I'd also go with just one dagger, not two, and make use of Block.

There's a mod for everything. xP

I think DDS played heavily on the nonsense that YGO was spilling out for the first season, post season 0.

I still haven't beaten the expansions for Morrowind yet.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Banouin Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:19 pm

Yoyo wrote:
Banouin wrote:
Yoyo wrote:
Banouin wrote:

=\

Yeah...
I contemplated submitting some voice acting back when they were doing that step still, actually. I never did because by the time I found out they were down to just the Dunmer, and my voice is very not Dunmer...

That would have been cool! A shame.
Banouin
Banouin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:26 pm

Oh, steam workshop. As of posting this,
Skyrim has 24,381 mods
Portal 2 has 411, 903 items
Gary's mod has 517,366 items

I think DDS played heavily on the nonsense that YGO was spilling out for the first season, post season 0.

I always sneak/Archery, and after a few levels can usually kill most enemies before they reach me, or cheese my way to victory (against Giants). Plus, killing stormclocks or Imperials can get you tons, like thousands of steel arrows, and then your set for the rest of the game.

yu-Gi-Oh season 0, where Yugi is like playing all sorts of weird games which ensare people's souls is actually legitimately awesome. I remember I had a single french volume of that somewhere, and I've read it all. It is awesome, though I don't know if they ever animated it. DDS definitely has that 'darker' overtone.
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:28 pm

Banouin wrote:
Yoyo wrote:
Banouin wrote:
Yoyo wrote:
Banouin wrote:

=\

Yeah...

That would have been cool! A shame.
I'm sure there are other opportunities. Specifically when I have a functional mic. :p
Yoyo
Yoyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:30 pm

amaterasu wrote:
Oh, steam workshop. As of posting this,
Skyrim has 24,381 mods
Portal 2 has 411, 903 items
Gary's mod has 517,366 items

I always sneak/Archery, and after a few levels can usually kill most enemies before they reach me, or cheese my way to victory (against Giants). Plus, killing stormclocks or Imperials can get you tons, like thousands of steel arrows, and then your set for the rest of the game.

yu-Gi-Oh season 0, where Yugi is like playing all sorts of weird games which ensare people's souls is actually legitimately awesome. I remember I had a single french volume of that somewhere, and I've read it all. It is awesome, though I don't know if they ever animated it. DDS definitely has that 'darker' overtone.

I made my first successful sneak/archery character and I pwn as long as I can stay hidden. (Otherwise I hope my follower can survive until I can hide my sorry butt again.)
My favorite thing, though, was that if you go to the Thieves Guild while people are training archery... Free arrows, man.

Season Zero is the best. I'm definitely rewatching it right now.
Yoyo
Yoyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next