Wanderers of the 'Net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poe's Anime Thread

+2
amaterasu
Poe
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Poe's Anime Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Poe's Anime Thread

Post by amaterasu Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:46 pm

Yeah, I kind of felt bad for hijacking the DRRRRRRRRRR thread.

Would you say SAO is your favourite anime?
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:21 pm

It's actually tied with Kill la Kill, at the moment.

I like SAO because it goes over a theme of questioning reality, in a way, and suggesting that perhaps even if it is not "real," being perceived as such is enough. (Via acceptance of a virtual / online world as being real, despite being more intangible.) It also has this fascinating bit about the ripples of cause and effect (butterfly effect).

Kill la Kill implies similar themes of being connected, but also plays up a beautiful expression of maturity.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:40 pm

huh, you make it sound super deep and life-lesson learning
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:08 pm

I do that with a lot of anime. Video games on occasion too, if I can actually get myself to go through them.

I'm not the only one, either.

I'm not saying it's always implied, mind you, but I still think there's something there.

The fun part is seeing someone's reaction after seeing KLK and finding that I read that much into it, because an awful lot of people saw it as this giant hyper mess with no real meaning behind it.

Also, just for more fun, there is this cached archive of a Chrono Trigger (the prequel to the game from my avatar and signature) existentialist reading and here is part three of a four-part series on Morrowind talking about Lord Vivec and how he's just awesome (contains spoilers).

I try to at least get something out of every anime I watch.

Edit: Games too, but I don't really get into them as much.

For example, from what I have seen with Skyrim, I think it'd be way more fun if you actually had to breathe in their soul (forcing you to be so close to them when they have been slain), as opposed to just "absorbing it" into your body.

Would have given the game this really nice bit of, "Before you can shout, you must first draw breath."

Last edited by Poe on Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by neon kun Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:47 am

Poe wrote:If you mean the animation itself, I think the idea was to fit more closely to Naoko's artwork in the original manga. I think part of what irks me about it is that it's so very... make-up-y? The lips bother me a bit.

If you mean the mistakes, they're already working on correcting those for the disc releases. :3

i am okies with them trying to make it fit closely to Naoko's artwork in the original manga.. I just think... the way they draw it is very rushed looking? lots of.. mistakes, and stuff? like more than usual you see in anime.. especially since it is a biweekly release even :OO

neon kun

http://neon-kun.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:03 am

neon kun wrote:
Poe wrote:If you mean the animation itself, I think the idea was to fit more closely to Naoko's artwork in the original manga. I think part of what irks me about it is that it's so very... make-up-y? The lips bother me a bit.

If you mean the mistakes, they're already working on correcting those for the disc releases. :3

i am okies with them trying to make it fit closely to Naoko's artwork in the original manga.. I just think... the way they draw it is very rushed looking? lots of.. mistakes, and stuff? like more than usual you see in anime.. especially since it is a biweekly release even :OO

At least they're fixing it. Honestly, I'm not all that bothered by it. My problem with the series at large is just how cheesy it is from time to time. xD
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by sammythebootlegger Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:37 pm

How far into Fairy Tail are you??
sammythebootlegger
sammythebootlegger

Back to top Go down

Post by neon kun Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:40 pm

Poe wrote:
neon kun wrote:

At least they're fixing it. Honestly, I'm not all that bothered by it. My problem with the series at large is just how cheesy it is from time to time. xD

Ohh they are? I haven't watched the next episodes because it was just.. :< for me. Maybe the manga is cheesy too? Have you read it?

neon kun

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:44 pm

sammythebootlegger wrote:How far into Fairy Tail are you??

Crunchyroll has me listed at episode 88.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:26 am

neon kun wrote:
Poe wrote:
neon kun wrote:

Ohh they are? I haven't watched the next episodes because it was just.. :< for me. Maybe the manga is cheesy too? Have you read it?

Have not read the manga, but I assume that it is, indeed, still cheesy. The anime is about a bunch of girls who fight for love and justice, in a series from the '90s. Of course it's going to be. :P
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:29 am

I have just added Haganai and Recently, My Sister Is Unusual to queue.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by neon kun Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:49 am

Poe wrote:
neon kun wrote:
Poe wrote:
neon kun wrote:

Have not read the manga, but I assume that it is, indeed, still cheesy. The anime is about a bunch of girls who fight for love and justice, in a series from the '90s. Of course it's going to be. :P

Idk XD I watched the original series... like a year ago from the first season till the end, and I didn't find it :< xDDD

neon kun

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:12 am

neon kun wrote:
Poe wrote:
neon kun wrote:
Poe wrote:
neon kun wrote:

Idk XD I watched the original series... like a year ago from the first season till the end, and I didn't find it :< xDDD

It's more prevalent in the movies. A scene from Super S comes to mind.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Banouin Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:08 pm

Poe wrote:

You need to watch more! MORE!
Banouin
Banouin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:28 pm

Banouin wrote:
Poe wrote:

You need to watch more! MORE!

I'll get around to it. :P
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:10 pm

I hear that the author of Fairy Tail takes inspiration from Tolkien to some degree, I only picked it back up again (in its purest form, manga.... jk)
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:20 pm

amaterasu wrote:I hear that the author of Fairy Tail takes inspiration from Tolkien to some degree, I only picked it back up again (in its purest form, manga.... jk)

Maybe? I dunno. I'm not big into LotR, so I never looked into it.

On a side note, it appears that the creator of RWBY has died recently.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:50 am

yeah, I saw that.
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:24 pm

I know I haven't yet, but perhaps later I'll update the anime list with links, at the least.

On a side note, I'm considering rewatching the first half of Sword Art Online, season two.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Banouin Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:38 am

Poe wrote:I know I haven't yet, but perhaps later I'll update the anime list with links, at the least.

On a side note, I'm considering rewatching the first half of Sword Art Online, season two.

That is a neat idea! Do it.
Banouin
Banouin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:18 pm

Banouin wrote:
Poe wrote:I know I haven't yet, but perhaps later I'll update the anime list with links, at the least.

That is a neat idea! Do it.

Which part is a neat idea? The links?
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:45 pm

what if Link was to save the day?
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:35 pm

I'm lost now. xD
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by King_Of_Blades Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:32 pm

Have you watched the 1984 version of the Sherlock Holmes television series? Pretty spot on with how he is portrayed in the books. There is a novel out by a different author portraying Sherlock Holmes' trip to America. Called the American Years.
King_Of_Blades
King_Of_Blades

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:46 pm

King_Of_Blades wrote:Have you watched the 1984 version of the Sherlock Holmes television series? Pretty spot on with how he is portrayed in the books. There is a novel out by a different author portraying Sherlock Holmes' trip to America. Called the American Years.

I may have. I've done a lot of Holmes watching over the years. To memory, they kinda bleed together.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next