Wanderers of the 'Net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ama's manga recomended list, and some anime as well.

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ama's manga recomended list, and some anime as well. Empty Ama's manga recomended list, and some anime as well.

Post by amaterasu Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:58 pm

How di-do? Since Poe made his own list, I wanted to my own, but since I am biased to reading manga instead of watching anime (which i do watch by the way), I wanted to make a list focusing on good manga that I have discovered and want to share with you persons. Also, I know that a number of these have anime counter-parts, so I will make mention of that, but I can't do a synopsis of dem all because there will be quite a number on this list I'm afraid. But I might make a note here or there about the anime adaptation if I please. Also, this will be an attempt at an alphabetical order, but it might descend into chaos before the end. I also don't make a distinction between Manwha, and Manga

+anima
7-nin no Shakespeare

Adventure of Sinbad -Prototype (spin off of Magi: Kingdom of Magic, focusing in on Sinbad's childhood)
After School Nightmare
Air Gear
Ajin
Akame ga Kill & Sequel (has an anime that is pretty good, but I haven't watched it all)
Akumetsu (one of my favourite series of all time)
Aldnoah.Zero (season 2 is underway and don't know if it will be better or worse)
Another (I watched the anime, and it was very good)
Apocalypse no Toride
Ares (or Vagrant soldier Ares: top 3 manga that I've read)
Area no Kishi
Assassination Classroom (just got an anime)
Attack on Titan & Spin offs (kind of a no brainer, but I keep up with the manga which is way further than the anime that everyone enjoys *no spoilers* and while I liked the anime, the manga is super good too.)
Azumanga daioh (another anime that I watched, and it is a classic)

Baccano
Bartender
Be Heun
Berserk
Billy Bat
Bio-Meat
Black Lagoon (more mature, and again the anime is very good)
Bleach
Blood and Steel
Bloody Monday & Sequels -> Psychological thrillers
Bobobo-Bo bo-bobo

City of Dead Sorcerer
Code Geass Leluch of the Rebellion
Cowboy Beebop (I think it is just an anime, and it is one of the best series ever made, it still looks marvelous today)

Death Note
Dendrobates
Donyatsu ->donut cat in post-apocalypse.
Doubt
Dr Frost
Dragon Ball & Sequels
Durarara (second season just started airing)

Fight no Akatsuki
Fukushuu Kyoushitsu
Full metal Alchemist
FLCL

Gamaran
Gantz
Addition: The Giant Killing
Gurren Lagann (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)

Hamatora
Hellsing
Hetalia
Higurashi no naku koro ni
Hikaru no go
Historie
Hive
Holyland
hunter x hunter

k-Project (has an anime season, and a number of manga seasons focusing in on different factions, and a second anime season is underway)
Kingdom (just read it all last week and it is really good)
Kingdom of Zombie
Koukoku no Shugosha (another super good one)

Log Horizon (the anime is pretty good, I enjoyed it more than Sword Art Online)

Magi

Naruto
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Nichijou
Noblesse
Nobunagan
Noragami

One Piece
Ookami no Kuchi:Wolfsmund
Orange marmalade
Ouran High School Host Club

Parasyte (just got an anime release, the author also wrote Historie)
Piano no Mori
Psyren

Rakshasa Street
Ratman
Red Storm

Samurai Champloo
Shaman King
Sherlock (based off of the BBC Sherlock featuring Smaug and Bilbo)
Shiki
Sidooh
Addittion: Story of Someone We Know
Suicide Island
Suisei no Gargantia

Tale of Eun Aran
The Breaker & The Breaker New Waves
The Gamer
Tokyo Ghoul & Tokyo Ghoul:re -> The manga is better than the anime IMO
Tower of God
Trigun
Tripeace

Utawarerumono (only an anime?  really good though)

Veritas
Vinland Saga (seriously amazing)

Witch Hunter

Zankyou no Terror

Last edited by amaterasu on Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Ama's manga recomended list, and some anime as well. Empty Re: Ama's manga recomended list, and some anime as well.

Post by Poe Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:16 pm

And now I have to organize mine by alphabetical order. Thanks. >.>

I haven't seen it yet, but if you enjoyed Cowboy Bebop, I hear a lot of people enjoyed Zankyou no Terror. Same director, and it's got Yoko Kanno on music as well.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Ama's manga recomended list, and some anime as well. Empty Re: Ama's manga recomended list, and some anime as well.

Post by amaterasu Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:40 pm

I forgot about Zankyou no Terror. I need to edit that in Ama's manga recomended list, and some anime as well. 1401670632 and I put it up there with Aldnoah_zero Season 1 (another one I forget T_T)as probably the best anime of 2014, unless I'm forgetting something.
But seriously, they have the same director :o?

Amazing
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:39 pm

And composer. Can't forget the composer. :3 But yes! Bebop and ZnT have the same director, last I saw.

Since you mentioned Aldnoah Zero, you might be interested in this blog. He has a series about AZ, and has this marvelous tendency to really (over?-) analyze stuff, if that's your cup of tea.

I haven't seen it yet, however. A friend of mine said it'd likely be a bad idea for me to see it, but I'd have to ask again to make sure she wasn't referring to another series.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:39 pm

hm.. an interesting blog. Aldnoah.Zero season 1 had a great ending, but with most great endings, a second season ruins it :(
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:21 pm

It's got other titles too, all sorts of fun. I really enjoyed the ones for Kill la Kill and SAO. I haven't really paid much attention to anything else, honest.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:23 pm

other titles?

I think I'm lost, are you talking about music direction? Cause super good music doth create in me a loving intent for an anime.

amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:31 pm

I meant that the blog has articles on other anime titles as well.

Though...

If you like classical, La Corda d'Oro has got you covered.
I hear Your Lie In April has some, but cannot confirm.
Ef has some great tracks. Both of them. If you watch that series, though, watch the opening every time.
Angel Beats has a very lovely opening sequence (though I enjoyed the anime as well).

Also note that the above are all romance or romance-ish titles, so if that's not your thing.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:58 pm

oh, the blog.....

I don't watch romance series that often because I'm a timid, shy white boy, whose afraid of relationships due to emotional damage..... jk, but srsly. :[]

Slice of life tho, that is a pretty good genre. And Flippin' mechs. Too many good series have mechas in them, and its awekward because I don't like mecha series, but a bunches of my favourites have them in it :(
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:20 pm

My favorite slice of life would prolly be Great Teacher Onizuka. But as I mentioned somewhere before, it can get kinda adult, and it's kinda long, and there's two live action adaptations... Blah. Still, I rather like it. And I posted it before, but I love the first opening for that anime.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:31 pm

everyone who talks about GTO says its really good, but I've never gotten into it, though I can handle adult content, I've watched every season of Archer except the newest one I believe
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:36 pm

Never heard of Archer.

I love GTO. What's not to love about a former delinquent turned teacher? The anime, from what I can tell, actually doesn't cover everything, and you get more of a complete story out of the second live action.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:18 am

hm... live actions can be good? That's news to me. I've seen the Death Note live action, and the Bloody Monday live action.

Archer is super adult content, but also really funny. It's worth to check it out, even if you drop it because its too much.
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by neon kun Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:38 am

I loved Tokyo Ghoul! And I agree.. the manga be better. xD Though Tokyo Ghoul root A... have you watched it? I was so surprised!

neon kun

http://neon-kun.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:44 am

In some aspects, I actually liked the live action MORE than the anime. They did have to change some things around in the live actions, but they're still pretty exciting.

The anime, of course, gets license to do more silly things, simply because it's easier to do in anime format.

Still, I really liked them. Both of them.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:21 pm

although, anime are super expensive to make I've heard, and many live actions are not well received. Just like live action films of Dragon Ball, and Avatar
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:26 pm

GTO is, fortunately, something of a slice of life, so it doesn't have to worry about, well, ki blasts?

Some get outright silly, like the one for Prince of Tennis. I think the biggest complaint I hear from people on the GTO live action comments was that the "Hair was the wrong color."
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:52 pm

Prince of Tennis, I've heard is good, but I've never been caused to want to see what its all about.
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:34 am

I believe they aired it for a short period of time on Cartoon Network.

As for the PoT live action, just imagine DBZ esque effects (sans ki blasts) to make tennis that much more exciting than it is. I believe I remember one scene where the two players just end up pretty much flying in the air to keep striking the ball back and forth.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:20 pm

Like the crazy Pingpong games in real life. :o
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:18 pm

I wouldn't know!
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:22 pm

You just need to look at extreme pingpong then
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:15 pm

I found a new manga, I don't know if I quite like it, but I get that intuition feeling that dis gonna be gud.

it's called Dorohedoro, and it is pretty creepy, and gore-y and grindy looking. It's apparently about a man with a reptile head with a face it the Reptile's mouth, and he goes around eating magicians.

linku: http://www.mangareader.net/dorohedoro

Check it out?
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:24 am

amaterasu wrote:and it is pretty creepy, and gore-y and grindy looking.
Check it out?
Well, I'm not going to now.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:55 pm

well its better than not warning your then being surprised, and leaving a bitter taste of betrayal.
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next