Wanderers of the 'Net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ama's manga recomended list, and some anime as well.

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ama's manga recomended list, and some anime as well. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ama's manga recomended list, and some anime as well.

Post by Poe Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:11 pm

amaterasu wrote:well its better than not warning your then being surprised, and leaving a bitter taste of betrayal.

If only more anime came with such a warning. xP
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Ama's manga recomended list, and some anime as well. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ama's manga recomended list, and some anime as well.

Post by amaterasu Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:06 pm

but there are sites like myanimelist to help discover such things
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:41 pm

Standard ratings don't help.

"Violence" is too broad. Even if it mentioned blood, it's not covering enough.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:09 pm

you read those things? I don't. I usually will watch an episode or 3 before sayiong "naw, this be too cough drops of five merbles for me"
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:18 pm

No, I meant, you said MyAnimeList reveals such things, but the only thing I found was a listing for "Violence." Which does not help me for avoiding gore, torture, etc... :P

You lost me on the rest of that.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:51 am

oh, I usually just read reviews on myanimelist, that is what I was thinking about.

Well, that expression is quite commonplace up here.................. I think.

It's the old, give the show a chance, type of thing.
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:47 pm

And risk nightmares? :P

Gotcha, though. Never heard of that phrase.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:19 pm

I might ahve made that catch phrase up on the spot.

Usually I don't have nightmares from anime. If it is like live-action or a western horror film, that will do me in. Or, at least it used to
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:22 pm

I've been like this a while, but it started with a live action movie. Think it was... Volcano?

Either case, anime tend to be a bit more detailed.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:48 pm

Unless it is an older anime. Those ain't the most detailed.

Though I watched the lasted episode of One Piece, and was struck by how good that series is again. Then I went back and read like 50 chapters......
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:31 pm

Depends on the title, I guess. :P I remember Angel Cop being pretty graphic with it's violence.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by King_Of_Blades Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:33 pm

I'm currently reading One Piece again. I'm on the Skypia Arc.
King_Of_Blades
King_Of_Blades

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:06 pm

I don't know Angel Cop

but Skypeia is a great time. I hated it at first, but I appreciate it now
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by King_Of_Blades Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:14 pm

Why did you not like it? Enel was a arrogant dumbass just because he had a Logia Devil Fruit.
King_Of_Blades
King_Of_Blades

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:36 pm

I found it boring at first. Neither Enel, nor the setting captured me as anything interesting. It was long, and really did not care about that, but now, I think it is actually an important plot point to the story, and a really cool concept. I just sometimes look up in the sky and think 'there's an ocean up there' or sometimes I say it and confuse those around me
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by King_Of_Blades Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:35 pm

It had its boring parts, not going to lie there. The only parts I liked was a few of the fights. Probably because it is early in the series.
King_Of_Blades
King_Of_Blades

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:22 pm

early one piece was super exciting, though Ennis Lobby was like a Mount Everest peak for me. That was like the best the series has been so far, well I'm not so sure of that now, but at the time it was..

also I added The Giant Killing, and Story of Someone We Know.

The first is a soccer manga (which i usually don't like), and the second is a slice of life? It's different, in a good way. Even though it seems directed to mid-20s girls, I can still relate to the experiences.
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by King_Of_Blades Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:28 pm

I'm more into action, mystery, supernatural, thriller, horror, psychological, comedy.
King_Of_Blades
King_Of_Blades

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:36 pm

those are broad borders there Ko :p

have you read 6000, that is basically a horror one (in progress though). Doubt is a horror series that is done.
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Banouin Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:36 pm

King_Of_Blades wrote:I'm more into action, mystery, supernatural, thriller, horror, psychological, comedy.

Horror!
Banouin
Banouin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by King_Of_Blades Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:59 pm

Have you read Monster, a great psychological manga and anime. Brilliant plot, and great cast of characters.
King_Of_Blades
King_Of_Blades

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:36 pm

I've tried getting into Monster, but I haven't been able to so far. d
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:26 pm

Yesterday I stumbled across a series called Nanatsu no Taizai, and I liked it so I got caught up in the manga, and now I find out that it is serialized as an anime. Hopefully it is good/
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2