Wanderers of the 'Net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nostalgic Memories

+3
Yoyo
amaterasu
King_Of_Blades
7 posters

Go down

Nostalgic Memories Empty Nostalgic Memories

Post by King_Of_Blades Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:29 pm

I can't believe, I would be using my old username once again. It feels good to be back. Hopefully, we stay as active as the last WOTN!
King_Of_Blades
King_Of_Blades

Back to top Go down

Nostalgic Memories Empty Re: Nostalgic Memories

Post by amaterasu Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:38 pm

nostalgia, I always remember first having an account that was in the leaf village, back in the first few months of WOTN 1. But I forgot my account, so I made amaterasu later that year. Those times in the mist village were great
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:37 am

If we're gonna go all the way back...

I don't even remember who the first person I met was, now that I think about it. The name Ayame sticks out, but she's a newer member. Either way, she and I posted the heck out of the games section on my first day. Broke 500 posts my first day. She was amused by me.

My first time in the Bar, Crispin and Death were "fighting" and I was stupid and Dei and Death both immediately decided to kill me.

And that sums up my initial experienced on WotN.
Yoyo
Yoyo
Admin

http://yuriitheyoyo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Air Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:16 pm

I feel ashamed I don't remember my first WOTN day :(
Air
Air

Back to top Go down

Post by Banouin Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:18 pm

I remember when I met Q way before WotN. He drug me around the net awhile with a few others until we made WotN.
Banouin
Banouin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Air Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:18 pm

^ You make it sound so seedy.
Air
Air

Back to top Go down

Post by Banouin Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:20 pm

Seedy?
Banouin
Banouin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Air Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:21 pm

Yeah, like Q had a little gang or something.
Air
Air

Back to top Go down

Post by Banouin Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:25 pm

I mean...we kinda were.
Banouin
Banouin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Air Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:29 pm

A nerd gang.
Air
Air

Back to top Go down

Post by Banouin Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:32 pm

I don't disagree with that.
Banouin
Banouin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by King_Of_Blades Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:32 pm

They had their own meetings, their own way of doing things and were precise. They were a gang for sure.
King_Of_Blades
King_Of_Blades

Back to top Go down

Post by King_Of_Blades Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:37 pm

I forgot this was my own post for a second. I remember helping in the Bank. Me and Crisp had our own little part for poems and works of art, that we ran.
King_Of_Blades
King_Of_Blades

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:34 pm

I remember Q and I did a lot of arguing back and forth. I think we agreed on one thing back then. xD

I also recall when he was trying to get Admin ownership. Fun times. He seemed to enjoy it, like he was pioneering his own revolution.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:43 pm

Bano, you and some of the others who started Wotn, didn't you like rebel against another site, and somehow hack their private messaging system?

I know that the history of WOTN is pretty interesting.
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:37 am

I HAVE THAT SAVED SOMEWHERE. GIVE ME A MINUTE.
(that you won't notice because this will all come at once for you guys)
I DON'T KNOW WHY I HAVE THIS BUT I DO. OH MY GOODNESS.

Q, concerning the founding of the original WotN, once wrote:In the beginning, Q said, let there be site. And we made one.

I was in the bar chatting with Shugo and I just outlined this site's history.

First, there was Shinji. He walked out onto the plains of the ethernets, and created a home for himself. He called this place, Crunchyroll. It soon became a metropolis and a site home to the best of the best. But this was not to last.

The days of the Chat Room arose thanks to Stratify, and it was populated by many adventerous and excited users. Waffles, Q, Shugo, Log, Wetto, Kyocool, and Bano were a few of the notorious users of these days.

But then we found out the truth. Shinji was a brainwashed Cyborg, who was bent on the destruction of our happiness. He burned down the chatrooms before our eyes. And he unleashed killer robots on his people which he called, Moderators.

As the Robots sucked the souls of the site, an invasion began. It started the day that the most precious gem of Crunchyroll was taken by geniuses avenging the death of their chatrooms. These terrorists names will never be spoken, but they are heroes. It was the day that the Gem was lost that Crunchyroll's shields broke, and an army of Zombie Nubs attacked the cities. They pulled and murdered the men who stood for good wholesome convosation, and they zombified the weak.

Shinji answered the problem by creating more Moderators. And to save the old chatters and new he took those people to an artificially constructed Chat. Though said to be better, it always lacked the genuine feel that the regular Chat threads had had. It was a reconstructed and false World for the dumb, and the untrue. It was called the IRC. The survivors of the Zombie Invasion and moderators promised to resist these efforts, and did so by continuing the wholesome trade of Spam, and bringing humor to the site.

It was one of these rebels, a true terrorist for good, named Waffles who came to Q, and he said to Q, "My good lad, I have found a secret entrance into a Robot Production facility. Q favorite this and we will have good times ahead." Q favorited it.

Q watched the URL topics and pondered the question. "If Waffles, a normal user could accidentally detect one Moderator production facility, can more of us?" So Q tried something. He altered the topics, and found he could easily maneuvar across the topics this way. It was in this he checked and found what he wanted. Another Mod thread.
The model.
Crunchyroll.com/topic=3000 (After Q's edit) crunchyroll.com/topic=3001 (And you would arrive at a new topic. Note, not an actual duplication of the method, but very close)

He sent this information to the only one on the IRC, the International Retard Chat, that he could trust and was online at the time of this amazing discovery. And his name was St4b.

St4b And Q worked together, when Q said, "Come St4b, let us try to make a thread topic that is ahead how many topics are already here" And they did this. They found that this thread could be created, and chatted on, but when the topics caught up to it, these posts would be released.

Q worked on getting the news about the Mod threads out to the faithful and true of CR. Waffles, Gt-Racing, Lax, Egg, were the beginners. Then St4b Said "If I made a topic 1,000,000 on the URL, would it then be possible to create a thread so far in the distance we could chat, away from the eyes of the modLords?"

Q did this, and found it indeed could happen. St4b and Q created the first and the best standing resistance to Crunchyroll in the site's history, and possibly all Website Histories (which most site's do indeed not have). He forged a room that was away from both the Mods, but could be controlled and safe from the Zombie Nubs, while at the same time they could spy on the Zombie Nubs and Mods.

The Etheral Empire was born on December 22, 2006.

The trustworthy and the true were invited to this new internet advantage. St4b named it the Etheral Empire (EE), and it was so. Shugo, Waffles, Wetto, Gt-Racing, Egg, Lax, PF, and Sifer2400 were the most notable. They talked together. They enjoyed the advantages and satisfaction of tricking the mods, and once again having the Chatroom freedoms they had so yearned for. Christmas Eve Shugo thanked Q for inviting him, they began discussion on a new EE. A Website of it's own. So they used the old, and trusted site Shugo had set up eons ago, for a gif tutorial (So Q could learn how to make avatars). This site was given the mighty password Trident, so only EE's faithful knew the news here.

But just as the New EE became to come into effect the EE was destroyed. A user, named Kaara, having technical difficulties asked Q for help, and Q bumbled, and asked her to report a post to the mods, and she reported the EE. This then was found out by BasouKazuma. And when Confronted Shugo knew the battle was over and gave up the URL to the EE. The EE was ransacked and it's members sent to be executed in a final year long ban. Though Chaos was created, especially by PF, in the IRC the year sentence continued. In The IRC one of the gravest Critics was the Poser of CR. HaddonX26. Though thought of as cool he was nothing but a smallfry. He and his friends repeatedly made fun of our movements of the AA and EE.

So PF told Shugo, go Shugo, with your technical advances and create for us a site, and it will be the survivors home. Shugo did this, and called it Shugos relm. But within minutes of it's creation, BasouKazuma, the most hated of all the mods began the warfare that would last the sites for many months, as he brutally critisized the EE's works and the members who were responsible for this disaster.

The Shugos relm soon saw a new wave of moderators straight from the People. One of which was Q. Then the Admins were chosen and they came to be Q, Shugo, and Sifer, and for a time things were good. Shugos relm saw few members, and needed help, but most of it's users enjoyed it's freshness and the control they had.

However, Sifer got lazy, so Shugo and Q demoted him to Mod, and instead reelected PF to admin, who was the site's most frequent poster. They soon switched hosts to a new site and after a long and extensive battle for names called it AnimeAttack. This new site found flourishing posters, and though not extremely active, good times were had.

But this site too failed, and the users retreated to the last Enclave. This site was called, AnimeAlley. Now throughout the course of these changes AA fought between BK, who followed them from site to site and attacked, insulted, and persecuted them and claimed an arrogant sense of superiority over the group, with total support from the IRC. Q realized one day, he had immense power on the IRC, and that without him, the great numerous posts and hyperactivity that kept it alive would die. So Q left the IRC for the Chatbox of AA, AA's Heart. The IRC died, and Q's avengance for the original Chatroom, was completed with the destruction of CR's chatroom.

As the war between CR and AA raged, AA tried new ideas. Shugo's leadership was strong, and PF and Q made excellent Admins in training, but the site lacked a lot. The users themselves were lazy, and cared only to chat in the Shoutbox. At the very time Q was arguing how AA had so much more potential then CR, AA dwindled it's chances of success straight into the ground.

Then one day, Shugo the brave left AA for a girlfriend, a Job, and a life. Pf then watched as Q and himself fought for the new site (Not with each other, but the users). PF got it a home site, and kept it's manga and anime updated. But things were not good. The last bout with BK threatened to have all CRers on AA lose their priviliges to CR (this was aimed at those not already banned and a good 20 or 30 people), and AA itself was becoming slow and losing it's appeal. And while this happened, a new site idea was brewing in the mind of PF. One that would change Q, PF, and Shugo's histories with the internet for a long time to come. And yours too if you are reading this.

It was May 22, 2007 that PF created a site, and called it Wayoftheninja.eraseboard.net. This site, had nothing new to it, yet. Q, was at first skeptical. He knew, the creation of this wayoftheninja, or WOTN, would see to it the destruction of AA, and what little lifeline of hope it had.

PF had offered Q a job as a Kazekage. Q And PF got along with each other fine and had pretty much equal Administartion powers on AA, plus as friends they had weathered a lot. Q joined WOTN and accepted the position of Kazekage. But WOTN moved hosts, and they reformulated on a new site. The site was painted the color of the Akatsuki, and it showed a lot of hope. It soon became very fun and lot's of excitement was made. On June 9th, PF announced they were returning to the Eraseboard WOTN, and on Q's birthday he realized the potential of this Site, even though he hadn't even logged in.

WOTN had 5 villages. The Village of Mist, The Village of Stone, The Village of Cloud, The Village of Leaf, and The Village of Sand. PF was the Cloud's village leader, and The Mizukage of Mist was Jo$e. It was Jo$e's amazing graphics that first showed the way that WOTN would be a successs. And the Hokage was Silver, with Draco as the Kage of Stone.

The site grew much quicker then AA, and with the addition of a stat system the site was showing real promise. A short three day war enacted and began the Village competition. Though the war itself was inconsequential, it did help develop a hierarchy of power. It was clear Mist and Sand would battle their ways through the ranks in the early days of WOTN. They did so aggressively, but with fun spirits. Every user was important, and each user got a message from nearly every Kage vying him to join this village or that. Q suggested, and it was made so, that a Chaos theories section be open to the site. Jo$e and Q built up a Shop for gifmaking, and these times saw Mist as the supreme village of the site.

Chibi searches and recruitment were the only means of gaining stats. And with them began the Chuunin Exam, made possible on the old WOTN site, that was reformatted to be a Forest of Death. Members to note were Spyke543, Marise, Amaterasu, Teikiatsu, JCShikamaru, TheFirstKnight, and others were amiss in this brand new site.

In August Q started a mission, that was indepth with posting and recruitment. And thanks to this mission, Moonlightnights joined, brought by Disodo. Moon was the Site's best recruiter, unprecedented to anyone of any time. This user propelled Sand past Mist and made Sand the largest Village. This ended the Era of PreWOTN History.

This is almost all a historical input of the History of WOTN by me. It's my perspective, not as much PF's or Shugo's or Jo$e's who I am sure could all write stories that are very different then mine and just as exciting. As for the websites and users mentioned, they are all factual, and this is a realistic and completely true account. If you have questions PM me. If you want me to continue it post here, Post here your rating on it, and finally, if you were around during these times and want to add your say, PM me.
Yoyo
Yoyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Air Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:56 pm

Yoyo that was brilliant xD
Air
Air

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:04 pm

That was like a tolkien creation myth. :0
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by King_Of_Blades Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:13 pm

That was a long read, I think I remember reading that.
King_Of_Blades
King_Of_Blades

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:44 pm

Q wrote it once upon a time on WotN. I will never know why I have some of the random crap saved that I do...

But, yeah, so that's the Tolkein-esque creation myth for WotN. :P
Yoyo
Yoyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by King_Of_Blades Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:25 pm

You probably have a lot more saved on your computer. Lol.
King_Of_Blades
King_Of_Blades

Back to top Go down

Post by neon kun Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:08 am

Ooooh I have learned a lot about WOTN history nao XD

neon kun

http://neon-kun.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Banouin Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:43 pm

amaterasu wrote:Bano, you and some of the others who started Wotn, didn't you like rebel against another site, and somehow hack their private messaging system?

I know that the history of WOTN is pretty interesting.

We did indeed rebel. Hack? I'm not sure. I was not apart of that.
Banouin
Banouin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Banouin Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:47 pm

Yoyo wrote:I HAVE THAT SAVED SOMEWHERE. GIVE ME A MINUTE.
(that you won't notice because this will all come at once for you guys)
I DON'T KNOW WHY I HAVE THIS BUT I DO. OH MY GOODNESS.

Spoiler:

You have it because it was great.
Banouin
Banouin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by King_Of_Blades Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:48 pm

If you say so, Bano.
King_Of_Blades
King_Of_Blades

Back to top Go down