Wanderers of the 'Net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lawd of the Rings

+3
Ayame
Yoyo
amaterasu
7 posters

Go down

Lawd of the Rings  Empty Lawd of the Rings

Post by amaterasu Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:00 pm

Since there be no threads yet, and the hobbit just finished its tri-sluggery, I thought, wynaut make a thread about everything Tolkien. So, yes the LOTR, and hobbit, and other Tolkien's imaginations discussions can be happening here if y'all please to do so,
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Lawd of the Rings  Empty Re: Lawd of the Rings

Post by Yoyo Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:07 pm

(Why on earth did you spell that like the Pokemon? xD; )

So. If you marathon the extended edition LotR series, then smash through the Hobbit trilogy, it will take you approximately 20 hours.

Naturally, this is my plan for when the movies are all available in various formats. (I haven't seen any of the Hobbit movies for this express purpose.)

And that's my contribution to this thread. The run-time of all the movies.
Yoyo
Yoyo
Admin

http://yuriitheyoyo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:11 pm

We did that marathon actually, but it was longer because it was the extended Hobbit 1, and hobbit 2, and Extended LOTR. I'm pretty sure the 6 extended movies will be over a day's length. Mega awesome marathon
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:15 pm

Whoa, they already have extended Hobbits out? Well, that's a game-changer. O:
Yoyo
Yoyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:28 pm

when we did our marathon it went from noon to 5am non-stop.

Or you could do the extended versions with cast commentary. That is also a good time.
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:35 pm

Oh, sometime I'll have to go through with the commentary. We used to make a point of marathoning the extended LotR at least once a semester. I'll have to force someone to join me in the commentary edition. xD;

Well, sounds like we have our work cut out for us. Lawd of the Rings  2160329175
Yoyo
Yoyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayame Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:59 am

Well, I'll always love Tolkien-verse. The end of BTFA even sparked a lot of roleplay requests. Just love how intricate and complex it is. Annnnd a friend is lending me Silmarillion and the other prequels when I finish thesis. Looks like I'm gonna be a shut-in... again.
Lawd of the Rings  236845464
Ayame
Ayame

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:01 am

You have way too much planned for when you finish that thing.

The best part is that you'll probably only do, like, two of the fifty things.
Yoyo
Yoyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayame Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:23 am

Yoyo wrote:You have way too much planned for when you finish that thing.

The best part is that you'll probably only do, like, two of the fifty things.
Nope~ I'm doing all of it. Like... All~! I'll take my series and movies with me since I'm sure there won't be internet on planes and buses. But the console games and lent books? I'm finishing them all. No sleep. Sleep is for the week! (yes, that was intentional).

I have a grad party/second debut/farewell party planned and stuff to do for 60 days, provided I don't intend to start playing Dark Souls any time soon. Because that baby will suck up all my time... All of it! Lawd of the Rings  1359961412

It's gonna be grand. It's gonna be beautiful. I dare say... It will be the best 3 months of my entire life! Lawd of the Rings  2829202867
Ayame
Ayame

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:23 am

I love the Silmarillion. I need to read a few more Tolkien books, 2 of which are about old English legends, that don't have anything to do with middle earth. And another is called the Children of Huron, and the Lays of Beleriand. Eventually I want to get all the "histories of middle earth" But I will probably be doing a thesis next year, and won't have much time in the next few years to read these things
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by sammythebootlegger Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:24 pm

Definitely marathoning the Hobbit because my room mate hasn't seen them yet. We did the LOTR a couple months ago. Pretty sure that's the plan for the evening.
sammythebootlegger
sammythebootlegger

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:30 pm

Yoyo wrote:(Why on earth did you spell that like the Pokemon? xD; )

WYNAUT spell it like the Pokemon? :D

I'm not as well-versed as I should be in LOTR, but I've been recently taking to making jokes on Dark Souls about it.
Jay
Jay

Back to top Go down

Post by Air Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:52 pm

amaterasu wrote:I love the Silmarillion. I need to read a few more Tolkien books, 2 of which are about old English legends, that don't have anything to do with middle earth. And another is called the Children of Huron, and the Lays of Beleriand. Eventually I want to get all the "histories of middle earth" But I will probably be doing a thesis next year, and won't have much time in the next few years to read these things

I loved the Children of Hurin! I found it easier to read than The Simarillion which to this day I still haven't managed to complete, and I started it a long time ago.
Air
Air

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:55 pm

Jay wrote:
Yoyo wrote:(Why on earth did you spell that like the Pokemon? xD; )

WYNAUT spell it like the Pokemon? :D

I'm not as well-versed as I should be in LOTR, but I've been recently taking to making jokes on Dark Souls about it.
I think I saw the first movie, and then like 20 minutes of the other two. I honestly don't remember much about the others at all, and I never saw any of the Hobbit movies (apparently there's more than one?).

So, I don't think I'll really be posting here. xP
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:01 am

Yoyo wrote:
(Why on earth did you spell that like the Pokemon? xD; )

I didn't actually know what you meant by that, until Jay mentioned the Wynaut. :p
Because spelling for fun is funner than spelling for surreal.

Air wrote:
I loved the Children of Hurin! I found it easier to read than The Simarillion which to this day I still haven't managed to complete, and I started it a long time ago.

I haven't gotten through the Children of Hurin because I forgot when in Middle Earth it takes place. I'll have to research its context to really appreciate it
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayame Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:18 am

Air wrote:
amaterasu wrote:I love the Silmarillion. I need to read a few more Tolkien books, 2 of which are about old English legends, that don't have anything to do with middle earth. And another is called the Children of Huron, and the Lays of Beleriand. Eventually I want to get all the "histories of middle earth" But I will probably be doing a thesis next year, and won't have much time in the next few years to read these things

Same here~! I finished Children of Hurin in less than a day. I loved it so much I read it again the next day! Which is weird considering I usually take a month to finish one book. Same. I'll try to finish Silmarillion next month Lawd of the Rings  236845464
Ayame
Ayame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum