Wanderers of the 'Net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Games Are Hard...

+3
Toshii
Yoyo
Jay
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Games Are Hard... - Page 2 Empty Re: Games Are Hard...

Post by amaterasu Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:37 am

Poe wrote:Lucky Eggs? I was just talking about the pre Exp. Share item that was in generation one because held items weren't invented yet. Sure, you get to give the entire team experience, but at the end of the battle, it was like 50 Exp at the most. No bueno.

From what I can tell, Gym Leaders, in canon, have to use a specific team of Pokémon based off of the experience of the trainer. This is why they all have scaling levels in their Pokémon.

However, I think it's based more on badges, rather than actual Pokémon level.

It would be nice to just have a full on level 100 battle against all of the Gym Leaders and that the Elite Four and Champion get to that point after a run or two of going through it.
that was then, but now the new exp.share gives all pokemon 50% experience of the pokemon you're fighting regardless of whether they battle or not. Lucky Eggs increases that by 25% and a traded pokemon gains another 25% so you can level up pokemons super fast now

The Pokemon manga sums up what Gym leaders do pretty well, but in actual pokemon world there are not 'levels', that's just a mechanic for the games. mhm

Also, a gym leader + Elite four gauntlet, where they are level 100 and eve trained. would be super challenging but loads of fun

Yoyo wrote:I used an emulator and Nuzlocked so many games... It can be heartbreaking. Towards the beginning you just kind of accept that you're going to lose teammates, but when you start getting later in the game and start losing the ones that have been with you a while? Man.

Ah. I haven't gotten far enough quite yet to get into the meta game for that part.

I want to do a Nuzlocke or an Egg lock for Pokemon X (I need to beat it for legendaries since I'm trying to super complete the pokedex).

When I play it, I might make a thread for its highlights or something (I ain't gotten no way to image nor video it)
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:00 am

amaterasu wrote:
Poe wrote:Lucky Eggs? I was just talking about the pre Exp. Share item that was in generation one because held items weren't invented yet. Sure, you get to give the entire team experience, but at the end of the battle, it was like 50 Exp at the most. No bueno.

From what I can tell, Gym Leaders, in canon, have to use a specific team of Pokémon based off of the experience of the trainer. This is why they all have scaling levels in their Pokémon.

However, I think it's based more on badges, rather than actual Pokémon level.

It would be nice to just have a full on level 100 battle against all of the Gym Leaders and that the Elite Four and Champion get to that point after a run or two of going through it.
that was then, but now the new exp.share gives all pokemon 50% experience of the pokemon you're fighting regardless of whether they battle or not. Lucky Eggs increases that by 25% and a traded pokemon gains another 25% so you can level up pokemons super fast now

The Pokemon manga sums up what Gym leaders do pretty well,  but in actual pokemon world there are not 'levels', that's just a mechanic for the games. mhm

Also, a gym leader + Elite four gauntlet, where they are level 100 and eve trained. would be super challenging but loads of fun

I know what the Exp. Share is, I did play Sapphire, after all. :P

It's more of a... "You spoiled kids and your hand-holding game developers!" That kind of thing, paired with a shaking of a stick.

They do mention levels of Pokémon in the series, though, just not as often as it's largely irrelevant in the overall story.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:24 pm

amaterasu wrote:
Yoyo wrote:I used an emulator and Nuzlocked so many games... It can be heartbreaking. Towards the beginning you just kind of accept that you're going to lose teammates, but when you start getting later in the game and start losing the ones that have been with you a while? Man.

Ah. I haven't gotten far enough quite yet to get into the meta game for that part.

I want to do a Nuzlocke or an Egg lock for Pokemon X (I need to beat it for legendaries since I'm trying to super complete the pokedex).

When I play it, I might make a thread for its highlights or something (I ain't gotten no way to image nor video it)
I would love to do an egglocke at some point. I just, you know, need eggs. ^^;
Yoyo
Yoyo
Admin

http://yuriitheyoyo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:26 pm

amaterasu wrote:Jay, is GTA V as good as some of the incredible videos show, like that one about the underwater life documentary: ?

I have wanted to get it for PC if it ever comes out, and steam seels it for cheap because it looks like a game with incredible girth.

Yes, yes it is. It's very, very entertaining.
Jay
Jay

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:11 am

Yoyo wrote:

I would love to do an egglocke at some point. I just, you know, need eggs. ^^;

You know, I said egglocke, but I really meant wonderlocke :/ sorries. Egglocks are cool, but hard to actually start doing. Wonderlocks are also really random

Jay wrote:
Yes, yes it is. It's very, very entertaining.

hm... good, vury gut
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by neon kun Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:21 am

Yoyo wrote:Bravely Default and ORAS rock. I love them so much. Get them when you can! Games Are Hard... - Page 2 472118479

I totally forgot Pokemon Showdown existed....

Bravely Default has such purty purty art <333

neon kun

http://neon-kun.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2