Wanderers of the 'Net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Izaya's Chessboard [DRRR]

3 posters

Go down

Izaya's Chessboard [DRRR] Empty Izaya's Chessboard [DRRR]

Post by Ayame Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:48 pm

Who watches DRRR around here~? If you don't, you should! I watched it again just recently and I loved it all over again. I could go on and on and on about how much I love this particular anime but then again, it'd just be me talking to myself about the things I like.  Izaya's Chessboard [DRRR] 606988674

Oh by the way~! DRRR x2 is apparently showing right now. Some of my friends have watched the first episodes and thank goodness,  I wasn't spoiled (although I already did so by reading the wikis).

Also reading DRRR confessions and stuff about the troll king, Izaya Orihara. As he said, "It's an endless sea of entertainment!" and "It's so fun it makes me want to puke".  Izaya's Chessboard [DRRR] 812317932

Btw, if you haven't already, consider watching Durarara dubbed. Yeah, the voice actors for people like say... Masaomi Kida... really suck, but Izaya's lines are gold! I never thought much of Johnny Yong Bosch when he voiced Ichigo from Bleach. But his talent really comes out when he's voicing Lelouch and Izaya. Also, in my opinion, his script is better than the translated subs (I know because I've watched three different kinds of subs. Don't judge me! Izaya's Chessboard [DRRR] 1484162977 ). Notably, his lines to Kida and his office monologue scenes are particularly great as voiced by JYB.

Gold post about Izaya for today from: http://daydream-sanctuary.blogspot.com/2010/06/durarara-episode-24-end-izaya-centric.html

"Or maybe, he actually wanted someone to betray him. Perhaps in a way, he wants someone to stop him from the bad things he's plotting because he can't."

Last edited by Ayame on Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ayame
Ayame

Back to top Go down

Izaya's Chessboard [DRRR] Empty Re: Izaya's Chessboard [DRRR]

Post by amaterasu Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:57 pm

Erica and Yamasaki (?), the two manga lovers from Dotachin's group are my favourite characters. The show is really brilliant !
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:03 pm

I haven't seen it yet. Just checked Crunchyroll and it's 25 episodes long for the first season. I'll add it to my queue, but not sure when I'll actually get around to it.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayame Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:20 am

amaterasu wrote:Erica and Yamasaki (?), the two manga lovers from Dotachin's group are my favourite characters. The show is really brilliant !
They're awesome! They represent the fans. We have representation! And that's just awesome~! I do wish they got more screentime though. Maybe in the new season that's ongoing. Can't wait to watch! Kyaa~!!!
Ayame
Ayame

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayame Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:21 am

Poe wrote:I haven't seen it yet. Just checked Crunchyroll and it's 25 episodes long for the first season. I'll add it to my queue, but not sure when I'll actually get around to it.
You should~ Well, at least, that's my opinion Izaya's Chessboard [DRRR] 2956794258
Ayame
Ayame

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:46 am

Ayame wrote:
Poe wrote:I haven't seen it yet. Just checked Crunchyroll and it's 25 episodes long for the first season. I'll add it to my queue, but not sure when I'll actually get around to it.
You should~ Well, at least, that's my opinion Izaya's Chessboard [DRRR] 2956794258
I'll get around to it.

Eventually.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:52 pm

I've spoiled myself by reading the Durarara wiki, and reading up on them throughout the light novels and such, and they be breakin' my heart with their back stories (just a wee bit)

Also, Poe, Ayame's signature is sending you a message, if you watch this show, you'll regret nothing
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:24 pm

I haven't really seen any episodes of anything except Sailor Moon Crystal in the last 6 weeks, perhaps 7 now.

Checked Crunchyroll history, it's been 3 months.

It's not so much a time thing so much as a, "I haven't been in the mood to watch anything" thing. One show airing twice a month? No problem. 25 episodes of anything in a week? Not right now.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:34 pm

I understand that Poe. I've watched 2 series on my own time since August, one was Shiki on Halloween, and the other was Nichijou this past week. To each its season.
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayame Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:11 am

amaterasu wrote:I've spoiled myself by reading the Durarara wiki, and reading up on them throughout the light novels and such, and they be breakin' my heart with their back stories (just a wee bit)

Also, Poe, Ayame's signature is sending you a message, if you watch this show, you'll regret nothing
Totally~! :D
But yeah~ To each their own. I binged Durarara! in both Japanese and English. The English script was so good! >w<

I finished DRRR!, Daily Lives of High School Boys, and Attack on Titan this month. And then I'm going to a pretty far place just to get a crapload of anime from my anime guy (like a dealer, but with anime XD ).

Ayame
Ayame

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:54 am

Well, I did watch anime during the time, it was just rewatching, nothing new. xP

Rewatched bits of SAO, Ef - A Tale of Memories and Kill la Kill.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:16 am

Durarara season 2, episode 2 is already out, but I haven't watched it.

SAO was pretty disappointing for me. I didn't like its Elfheim or whatever, but the first half was alright, but I won't be watching anymore of it
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:46 am

I'm a fanboy for SAO. xD

The second season is actually pretty exciting. A lot of people who disliked the second half to the first season (or the first season in general) liked season two.

ALfheim.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:57 am

Either way, I probably won't watch it, though I might watch Log Horizon season 2
I watched SAO then log Horizon, and enjoyed the latter much more than the former.
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:03 am

I hear a lot about Log Horizon from gamers. I know one guy who's blog I read makes characters based off of them on occasion. Believe he's got a Rogue based off of Akatsuki, and blends Kirito from SAO and Akatsuki into another character as well.

In either case, I enjoyed SAO quite a lot. The next season is going to make a lot of fans happy, though.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:09 am

There's going to be a 3rd SAO online season?
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:19 am

It hasn't been confirmed, no, but the end of season 2 alludes to it.

The light novel is still ongoing, and it's at least a season or two ahead of the current anime.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:20 pm

whoa, and here I thought SAO was already finished :/
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:29 pm

Nope. That's part of the beauty of SAO. It's an integration of one's virtual life being brought into their offline life. The events of Aincrad are still being played out, even though the game is no longer running.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:49 pm

I'm not too sure about what Aincrad is since I don't really pay attention to the series, but I guess that means there is a meta-narrative afterall.
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:35 am

Aincrad is the name of the giant castle in the first season of SAO, with the death game.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:18 pm

oh, the flying shooting thing, or is that the Death star from that uh, Star Trek thing?
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:10 pm

The Death Star is from Star Wars. Star Trek does have starships that shoot lasers, though.

Aincrad looks like this. It is the place where all 100 floors of the first half of the first season take place. Each floor being a literal floor.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:23 pm

Izaya's Chessboard [DRRR] 1738483705 Izaya's Chessboard [DRRR] 1738483705 I sometimes get those mixed up (and totally not for comedic reasons.....) that landcrab looks huge
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum