Wanderers of the 'Net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poe's Anime Thread

+2
amaterasu
Poe
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Poe's Anime Thread Empty Poe's Anime Thread

Post by Poe Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:12 pm

Okay, so I've been watching anime for pretty much forever. So, to keep this list short, I'll keep this to more recently viewed anime. I currently watch anime off of Crunchyroll, Funimation and will likely go to Hulu in the future for a few others.

Stuff in my queue are things I thought looked neat, or were recommended. Some have been removed over time, others will likely be removed in the future. Who knows.

Finished

Sword Art Online
Kill la Kill
Shiki
Angel Beats!
Monthly Girl's Nozaki Kun
I Couldn't Become A Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided To Get A Job
Listen To Me Girls, I'm Your Father!
Say "I Love You"
The World God Only Knows
Sunday Without God
Oreimo (My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute Note: Each season of Oreimo contains special episodes at the end of each season that are required viewing. Crunchyroll does not air these at the present time, due to licensing agreements.)
Seitokai no Ichizon (The Student Councils' Discretion
Future Diary (Mirai Nikki) (There is an OVA for the final episode.)
K Project
Ef: A Tale of Memories (Season One)
Ef: A Tale of Melodies (Season Two)
La Corda d'Oro
Our Home's Fox Deity
Hellsing Ultimate (OVA)
Hellsing

Currently Watching

Love Live! School Idol Project
Fairy Tail
Sailor Moon Crystal
Great Teacher Onizuka (The Anime)

On Queue

Your Lie In April
No Game No Life
Gurren Lagann
YuruYuri
Beyond the Boundary
Phi Brain (Not likely to finish.)
The Pet Girl Of Sakurasou
Tari Tari
School Days
Oreshura
The Monogatari Series
Majikoi Oh! Samurai Girls
Golden Time
The Ambition of Oda Nobuna
Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day
Wanna Be The Strongest In The World
Usagi Drop
Gingitsune: Messenger Fox of the Gods
Nagi no Asakura (Nagi-Asu: A Lull in the Sea)
Wake Up, Girls!
My Little Monster
Log Horizon
Hayate the Combat Butler
Akama ga Kill
Shugo Chara
Cardcaptor Sakura
Persona4 the Golden ANIMATION
Love Stage!!
MEKAKUCITTY ACTORS
Pretty Cure
RWBY
Another
Blue Spring Ride
Kokoro Connect
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Bladedance of Elementalers
Kimi no Todoke - From Me To You (Requires subscription service.)
Fate Zero
Locodol
Trinity Seven
Nisekoi
[url=]YUKI YUNA IS A HERO[/url]
Case Closed (Waiting for Crunchyroll to get the whole set, unless someone else gets the license.)
Squid Girl
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Sakura Trick
Love Chunibyo & Other Delusions
WATAMOTE ~No Matter How I Look at It, It’s You Guys Fault I’m Not Popular
Seitokai Yakuindomo
Familiar of Zero F
Blade and Soul
Celestial Method
I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying
The Irregular at Magic High School
Rurouni Kenshin
When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace
Recently, My Sister Is Unusual
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai (I Have Few Friends) Also known as Haganai
Durarara
Saint Seiya Sanctuary
The Testament of Sister New Devil

Drama

Great Teacher Onizuka (2012)
Great Teacher Onizuka - Taiwan

Notes

All links provided will refer to legal streaming sites, or in the case of some, the company's YouTube page.
Monogatari: Apparently pulling a Pokemon, and I don't know the order or what all there is. No links provided.
Yu Yu Hakusho: I can no longer find the link, so it has been removed from this list for the time being.

Last edited by Poe on Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Poe's Anime Thread Empty Re: Poe's Anime Thread

Post by amaterasu Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:11 pm

Shiki, and K Project are ones I liked!!

You should check out Nichijou, and I see you have another queued. That is a good one too, and so is Log Horizon. But, man you've got a lot of anime queued.
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:20 pm

amaterasu wrote:Shiki, and K Project are ones I liked!!

You should check out Nichijou, and I see you have another queued. That is a good one too, and so is Log Horizon. But, man you've got a lot of anime queued.

They were pretty good. Which is amazing, considering I usually shy away from anime like Mirai Nikki or Shiki.

I'll see about Nichijou later. I'm not sure about Another yet. I don't recall what it's about and the like, so it depends.

You should see the list of stuff I've actually finished if you think my queue is too big, considering all the anime that I've seen since '95, or earlier.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Banouin Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:35 pm

As silly as it was at times, I loved Kill la kill. I might have to check some of these out.
Banouin
Banouin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:15 pm

Banouin wrote:As silly as it was at times, I loved Kill la kill. I might have to check some of these out.

After going through the Crunchyroll forums while it was still airing, I was actually quite content to see that I wasn't the only person who was looking at it perhaps a little "too" seriously. What a ride that KLK was.

That final episode was pretty intense.

Let's see... if you haven't seen them...

Angel Beats was something.
Ef was one of the most beautiful titles I have ever seen. Just artistically. A lot of people have issues with it, though, as they can get somewhat annoying. The first time I watched it, I thought my screen had gone funny. This one is really slow at first, though. About episode 6-7 is when it really starts to pick up, which is halfway through. I lost sleep because of Ef - Tale of Memories, and then I saw Melodies after. They do go in that order, though. A lot of people watch Melodies first.
These two above are romance / drama / comedy.

The World God Only Knows I'd recommend. Perhaps I should put a summary after the ones I have already finished. This one though, involves a dating sim fanatic who is placed in a situation that requires him to use everything he's learned from his dating sims on real women.
I love the story for Sunday Without God. Definitely recommend. Essentially, God has abandoned the world, and now nobody is able to die. However, God also gave humanity the gravekeepers, who, once you're buried by them, you finally get to pass on. I got hooked by about 3 episodes in.

I'll put the Crunchyroll descriptions and all up tomorrow. Suppose links too? Prolly won't matter, considering what everyone else uses for anime anyway. xP

For the record, and I should note this tomorrow, Great Teacher Onizuka also has something like 2 different live action series, one of which has two seasons. One has a special, and the other has about 3-4? There are a few scenes in that which have adult moments. Magazines, a flash at a VHS, that sorta thing. They don't stay on screen very much, So keep that in mind if you watch that.

But seriously, GTO has one of my favorite openings of all time. Link.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:37 pm

It seems you are keeping back a number of anime that you have finished then

Also, have you seen Gurren Lagann? It seems weird to have seen kill la kill without seeing that.

Another is like Shiki or Miraj Nikki, though maybe not as gruesome, and a lot more mystery.
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:13 pm

amaterasu wrote:It seems you are keeping back a number of anime that you have finished then

Also, have you seen Gurren Lagann? It seems weird to have seen kill la kill without seeing that.

Another is like Shiki or Miraj Nikki, though maybe not as gruesome, and a lot more mystery.

Someone I dislike obsessed over TTGL, so it put me off to it.  Bad reason, but meh.  I'm obsessed with the opening, though. Link to an English cover.

I generally do not fair well with, well, let's go with your word, gruesome anime. Nightmare prone and all. Much as I enjoyed Shiki, it gave me nightmares as well, and I watched that a while ago.

As for KLK, it just happened to look interesting and it was just being uploaded to Crunchyroll at the time. I figured, "Why not," and added it to my queue. Worth it.

Edit: I'm holding back a lot. Cartoon Network's Toonami and Adult Swim gave me a pretty big list alone. Then we have the WB and Fox Kids mornings, and then all of the stuff I watched after having been introduced to the internet. I can say with certainty I've completed over 100 series. Perhaps 150. Fushigi Yuugi, Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain, Samurai Champloo, Digimon, Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh! (the original and GX), Kodomo no Jikan, "I Really Don't Love My Brother!", DB and DBZ, Monster Rancher, Ronin Warriors, S-Cry-Ed, Code Geass, Haruhi Suzumiya, who knows how many Gundam series, etc....

I'm sure I have a copy paste of my old list from the other forum too. Prolly on my Google Drive. But I don't really read manga anymore, and I watch mostly shorter titles because long ones tend to make me not likely to watch. (For reference, I started Fairy Tail months ago, and I haven't seen an episode in about 6 weeks now.)

Maybe I'll add them in the future, just, ehh...
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:50 pm

like half of those shows I never even considered as anime :/ hm.... what a tragic thing childhood shows were. They were great, but always remain in the realm of nostalgia.

I had the fortunate time of marathoning Shiki on Halloween, so it was very seasonal, and time consuming, but I don't like gore stuff either, like I don't do actual horror films cause those are frightening, but I'll watch some gore anime because it isn't as bad, unless it is like Hellsing when it is just over the top, and I just find it icky.

Meta-bots was also a good one back in the day
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:19 pm

Somehow I managed to survive through Hellsing Ultimate. But Shiki? Nope.

There's a ton of old stuff that used to appear on television that was anime. I actually didn't know what was anime or not until after I got into 8th grade, and a girl who was sitting behind me (whom I'm now friends with) in History class was talking about some anime or another. They eventually gave me the information that anime is from Japan. Go figure, right? At this point, I legit thought that Cowboy Bebop was an English thing, and that the Japanese used in the music was for atmosphere. xP

The one series that got me into the whole anime thing at first though, was Sailor Moon. I got to watch pretty much every episode from it's first airing on Cartoon Network until the end of Super S. That was some ride.

And now I consider anything over 50 episodes too long. Funny how that works.

Medabots, Beyblade, Blue Gender, Trigun, FMA... Really, I could prolly keep going. :P There might be a few others that I used to watch, and just do not remember the name, or whether or not they would actually be considered anime or not. And apparently Fighting Foodons is an anime. Huh.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:37 pm

man, I can't believe that I watched like hundreds of episodes of Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, dragon Ball, etc.

I've given up on watching longer anime, and I like to enjoy the 25 ish episode series.

The first anime I watched I think was either Fruits Basket, DN Angel, or Ouran high School host club. Cause my older sister and her friends super loved anime, and I thought they were cool so I emulated them. But even now I can't look at Digimon and say 'that's totes anime' because in my mind it is categorically different, even though its the same thing.

Also, Fuushigi Yuugi is the first manga series my sister and I bought, and one of the .Hack series
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:56 pm

Sailor Moon wasn't my "first" anime, but it was the first I really got into. Poor people don't really get television. :P

I saw an episode of Dragon Ball when I visited my grandmother decades ago.

Ditto on the longer anime. I have somehow ended up with Fairy Tail, though, at a friend's request.

I know a lot of these titles are awesome and all, but, just no. It's bad enough that I wish Detective Conan would hurry it up.

I think one part (not all of it) with a lot of older anime we all nostalgia over is that it also deals with the dub. I've seen some dubbed Pokémon episodes and I have to say, it sounds a bit more mature, even the newer episodes, than some of the ones we got. It might just be the acting, though.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:17 pm

I keep forgetting people still watch Pokemon. That's another super weird thing. Though, I guess I'm not the one to talk since I'll be watching the next Digimon Adventures sequel that's coming out this year.

Also, on Sautrday mornings, Anime would be mixed in with North American Cartoons, so they all tended to blend together. I know my best friend from high School watched all of Sailor Moon, and Card captor Sakura. They were on from time to time. Though I don't remember anything about those series as a youngenling.

Detective Conan, what a series. I've tried like 4 times to read that thing, but was always put off by its style :( It is super super long too, just like that one boxing series that never seems to die.
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:27 pm

Pokémon is never going to die. I don't watch it, though. I really just don't watch television in the first place, and I'm not exactly feeling like looking up a place to find subbed episodes of Pokémon anyway.

That's pretty much how it went. It's just a haze of Power Rangers and Monster Rancher.

I will be watching that one... sort of. Fortunately, the Wiki for that series is incredibly detailed, so if I wanted to watch it in the future, I could just skip to only the more plot driven episodes, rather than just waiting for it to go all Power Rangers on new case, find out what's going on, let Conan solve it, rinse and repeat.

If I wanted to watch CSI, I'd turn the television on. I watch Conan because a teenager was turned into a kid and is trying to get back into being a teenager again. Blah. >.>
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:20 am

To be honest, I'd just watch Sherlock from the BBC, or read old Sherlock books. Those are super good.
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:48 am

Sherlock doesn't have the Black Organization, though. :P

I do have a book with a collection of Sherlock tales, though. Red-Headed League, A Study in Scarlet and think the The Sign of Four. I haven't read it in a while, so I forget what all it has.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:21 pm

But Sherlock has Moriarty, and that has to count for something.
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:27 pm

One man compared to an entire criminal organization with a dress code. Hardly a match. xP
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:45 pm

hm.. you're right, maybe Moriarty should have a blind fold :p

though I think in some iterations Moriarty has a group, and not just himself.
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:50 pm

Considering how much of Sherlock is outright fanfiction in the first place? :P
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by neon kun Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:15 pm

Sailormoon Crystal's animation is not very flattering :< it makes me a bit sad.. and it's released every two weeks!!!! :<

neon kun

http://neon-kun.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:21 pm

If you mean the animation itself, I think the idea was to fit more closely to Naoko's artwork in the original manga. I think part of what irks me about it is that it's so very... make-up-y? The lips bother me a bit.

If you mean the mistakes, they're already working on correcting those for the disc releases. :3
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:17 pm

Poe wrote:Considering how much of Sherlock is outright fanfiction in the first place? :P

I do believe fiction is the right terminology sir.
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:16 pm

No. I was referring to the amount of non Doyle works that were published using the character.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by amaterasu Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:22 pm

oh, okay then.
amaterasu
amaterasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:39 pm

I think we really should bring the SAO topic here, rather than spamming the DRRR thread with it. xD

In either case, there is a lot going on with it. If they get to the arc I think they're going too in the next season, it will be a continuation of an event from season 2 that stemmed from season 1. So it's got several arcs, but the lot of them intertwine very nicely.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next