Wanderers of the 'Net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thug Kitchen

4 posters

Go down

Thug Kitchen Empty Thug Kitchen

Post by sammythebootlegger Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:35 pm

I have this book (Thug Kitchen).  It's so good.
Warning - contains strong language!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar7g_26QWu0  

Also, I recently went to go see Bill Nye and got my book signed by him.  Thug Kitchen 3400572928   Anyone else read it??
Thug Kitchen ?ui=2&ik=aaa4a62a8b&view=fimg&th=14b0dc14fbffcaa3&attid=0
sammythebootlegger
sammythebootlegger

Back to top Go down

Thug Kitchen Empty Re: Thug Kitchen

Post by Jay Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:00 pm

I love Thug Kitchen so much.

You got to see Bill Nye? D: Jelly as hell, right now. I shook his hand, but that was at a symposium when I was younger. A symposium that I snuck on.
Jay
Jay

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshii Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:37 am

This is the best trailer ever xD Now I wanna read the book :U
Toshii
Toshii

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:18 am

I love the trailer, but I wouldn't buy it.

I would literally spend the entire time arguing with the content of the book and I'd never be able to enjoy it.

"Plant based recipes."
"Meat sweats. Gut rot. Sugar shakes."

Fun trailer, though.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by sammythebootlegger Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:05 am

Jay, what were you doing at a symposium as a young'n??

What could could you possibly argue with in a cookbook?? If the recipe calls for 4 carrots and you don't like carrots, just don't add them.

sammythebootlegger
sammythebootlegger

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:03 am

sammythebootlegger wrote:What could could you possibly argue with in a cookbook??  If the recipe calls for 4 carrots and you don't like carrots, just don't add them.

The trailer reeks of vegan and vegetarian propaganda.

"Plant based recipes." > I do not agree, and never will, with vegan or vegetarian diets. The book is listed as vegan. And the other few just make it worse.

"Meat sweats." > When you consume food, the body has to work to digest it. This is based on the calorie density of the food, as well as the macronutrient ratio. Protein requires the most calories to break down and turn into amino acids. Meat eaters are thus more likely to consume higher calorie meals, and if it is primarily meat focused, voila.

"Gut rot." > Meat doesn't rot in the intestines because the stomach is supposed to break them down into amino acids, and the fat into fatty acids. If anything, plant matter, which the body has a terrible time handling, so that gets handled by the bacteria in our intestines. This fermentation is the closest you'll get to something rotting in your gut.

"Sugar shakes." > This is a sign for a medical problem. You should not suffer any adverse energy effects consumption of carbohydrate.

If it was just a recipe book, I'd be just fine with it. It's everything else I have a problem with.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by sammythebootlegger Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:46 am

Poe wrote:
sammythebootlegger wrote:What could could you possibly argue with in a cookbook??  If the recipe calls for 4 carrots and you don't like carrots, just don't add them.

The trailer reeks of vegan and vegetarian propaganda.

"Plant based recipes." > I do not agree, and never will, with vegan or vegetarian diets. The book is listed as vegan. And the other few just make it worse.

"Meat sweats." > When you consume food, the body has to work to digest it. This is based on the calorie density of the food, as well as the macronutrient ratio. Protein requires the most calories to break down and turn into amino acids. Meat eaters are thus more likely to consume higher calorie meals, and if it is primarily meat focused, voila.

"Gut rot." > Meat doesn't rot in the intestines because the stomach is supposed to break them down into amino acids, and the fat into fatty acids. If anything, plant matter, which the body has a terrible time handling, so that gets handled by the bacteria in our intestines. This fermentation is the closest you'll get to something rotting in your gut.

"Sugar shakes." > This is a sign for a medical problem. You should not suffer any adverse energy effects consumption of carbohydrate.

If it was just a recipe book, I'd be just fine with it. It's everything else I have a problem with.

Wow, you seem to really have it in for vegetarians.

First off, the great thing about cookbooks is that you are not required to argue. If you want to add something (ex: steak, because I looooove that shit) you can feel free to add it. Just like you can leave something out, as I mentioned above. Also, just like you can not read pages you don't agree with (although if we all did that no one would be very educated or have any idea of what other options there are) I dunno, just don't have it as your only cook book, ya know??
sammythebootlegger
sammythebootlegger

Back to top Go down

Post by Poe Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:23 pm

sammythebootlegger wrote:Wow, you seem to really have it in for vegetarians.

First off, the great thing about cookbooks is that you are not required to argue.  If you want to add something (ex: steak, because I looooove that shit) you can feel free to add it.  Just like you can leave something out, as I mentioned above.  Also, just like you can not read pages you don't agree with (although if we all did that no one would be very educated or have any idea of what other options there are)  I dunno, just don't have it as your only cook book, ya know??

I disagree with the diet. I also disagree with some of the reasons people use to adhere to such a diet. I am just fine with vegans and vegetarians otherwise.

I just wouldn't get any real use out of it, and wouldn't recommend it. That's all.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum